Hello all from Toronto

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Hindemith

Hello all from Toronto

Post by Hindemith »

Hi there,

I've been reading & learning a ton from this forum over the last few months as a relatively new Linux user. Thanks for creating such great resources here!

I'm a musician based in Toronto, Canada. At the moment a lot of my work is focused on remote improvisation & community music making. I started playing around with Ubuntu this summer and was initially hoping that working with Jack would make my life easier, since I have to do a lot of routing audio between different pieces of software.

What I discovered along the way is that using Linux makes using my computer so much more pleasant of an experience after a lifetime of Windows.

I still haven't quite been able to migrate all my work over (I'm really dependent on Ableton & Dorico at the moment) but I'm looking forward to spending some time here learning some more about audio & music in Linux!
LAM
Established Member

Re: Hello all from Toronto

Post by LAM »

Welcome @Hindemith :D

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi @Hindemith!
Hindemith wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:15 pm What I discovered along the way is that using Linux makes using my computer so much more pleasant of an experience after a lifetime of Windows.
That's good to hear! You might get to a point that the "honeymoon" is over and you experience some frustration. If that happens, remember that you have plenty of friendly people on this forum willing to help. Best of luck, and I hope to hear some music for you soon!
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! Have you tried MuseScore to do Dorico's work?
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!