Hi! foss enthusiast here

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

agp
Established Member

Hi! foss enthusiast here

Post by agp »

Hello, I'm guti. I'm a hobby musician and linux/foss enthusiast. I play bass guitar and dabble on drums, guitar and keys. I'm from Nicaragua but migrated to the US, Florida in the late 80s.

I'm currently running Debian10/Librazik3 on my homebrewed desktop computer.

my day job involves supporting windows10 users so I run it on my laptop to stay in the loop with new features. so I'm thankful many of the FOSS apps I use are cross platform

I'm not very good at asking questions or participating in conversations but I have many hours logged in different forums/chat/irc rooms related to Linux Audio. I usually solve my issues by reading docs/forum post or blowing out my harddrive and reinstalling everything :)

my musical goals are to create backing tracks for my cover band, learn to compose songs, and to better understanding of music theory.

my main Linux challenge these days is to install Bitwig Studio 16-track on Debian stable. although I mainly use it as an virtual instrument and it runs beautifully on my touchscreen laptop.

Thank you to everyone here for being so helpful and inspiring. hope to soon have some music to share here. i doubt it though lol
LAM
Established Member

Re: Hi! foss enthusiast here

Post by LAM »

Welcome @guti77! :D

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

guti77 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:56 pmI'm not very good at asking questions or participating in conversations but I have many hours logged in different forums/chat/irc rooms related to Linux Audio. I usually solve my issues by reading docs/forum post or blowing out my harddrive and reinstalling everything :)
I'm the same way!

Welcome to the forum.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Nicaragua is so beautiful, hope you can bring some of that place here! Welcome! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!