Let's make some noise! Or chill, that's fine too.

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

SixStrings_Monk
Established Member

Let's make some noise! Or chill, that's fine too.

Post by SixStrings_Monk »

I am a brasillian trying to get a working setup for live playing. It kinda works on windows, but for many reasons, let's see if in Linux there is an alternative for live control that is better than all the middle-ware I am using... voicemeeter and asio4all and a rotation of live-daws, and zenbeats or FL mobile routed trough sndcpy as drum machine, AND OBS for recording.
Just wanna plug and play you know? Or at least use less pieces that can go wrong.

I have used Linux on and off for some years now, but compatibility reasons (mostily games frankly) tend to hold me back from fully committing.
Maybe if I concentrate on music and drawing, I won't have an excuse for that anymore : >
milo
Established Member

Re: Let's make some noise! Or chill, that's fine too.

Post by milo »

I never play live, so I can't help you much there. But there are several others on the forum who do, and I'm sure you'll learn some tips and tricks by reading and posting here.

Welcome!
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Let's make some noise! Or chill, that's fine too.

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! I too don't play live (when I did, it was acoustically) but I know there are some people here who do. Please try one of the tech-specific forums!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!