Greetings, from Buenos Aires

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Vardy
Established Member

Greetings, from Buenos Aires

Post by Vardy »

Hello people, i'm Vardy, a sound designer and musician from Argentina. I've decided to try some Linux producing since reaper works in it, and try as many things as I can. Mostly how much can I port, through wine and it's derivatives, and asses the current state of native plugins. I already love JACK, Carla and all the possibilities they bring (I come from windows producing, but also worked on macs whiled studying sound design for film in our national cinema school). I am very much in favor of the Linux spirit, it's adaptability to multiple types of hardware, it's open source and freeware spirit. I believe it's quite relevant to advance the multimedia production environment in Linux and popularize it a bit, specially in countries like mine where we are taught that for production you need the most expensive apple product. Right now I'm testing Ubuntu Studio (latest non-LTS version).
Anyways, hope to learn from you guys, and when time comes be able to help others in the same path :)
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Greetings, from Buenos Aires

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! Argentina is such a beautiful and inspiring place! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Vardy
Established Member

Re: Greetings, from Buenos Aires

Post by Vardy »

Indeed it is! And so is Italy :)