Hi I'm J0J0

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

J0J0
Established Member

Hi I'm J0J0

Post by J0J0 »

Hi, my name is Jojo and I am here for several reasons and I might just have been arrived at the place I'm supposed to be.

Well, where should I start......I play a little piano, work a little with drum machines, build MIDI controllers myself, play in a performance band named ADHS, code Python, work as a Syadmin/DevOps Engineer, mostly LInux configuration management (Puppet, Ansible) and Python on the job. I always loved Linux, started 1997, mostly Debian and then CentOS/RHEL at several companies. Anyway, I've been using a macbook the last 10 years to do everything: making music, coding, cutting videos (blender), well everything. I got and old 32bit LInux machine now and thought I'd like to try out Linux for my music needs as well. Played around with Ubuntu Studio a little, but newest version doesn't support my 32bit machine anymore. I was using Ableton Live a lot and still use it, tried Renois but couldn't really get along with the tracker type of thing even though I love breakbeat driven music. And yeah well was hosting a Techno night in my hometown as well as I am a DJ - still love those Vinyl records but also are intersted in transforming my digital needs from proprietary things to FOSS - I think Mixxx is the way to go.

Alright this was one thing: Me as the user, the other thing is a little self-promoting my work and hoping it helps others. I have a blog about hardware tinkering and Arduino stuff and code music-related Python software. I thought all this might be of interest here and I will post some of my projects into the specific forum sections. Just search for my username! :-)

I hope I can contribute something useful! And yes most of all: Thanks to the very nice folks at irc channesl #opensourcmusicians and #lad (linux audio developers) for pointing me in the right directions to promote one software I wrote! One of their hints was this place.

So here I am!
Jojo
Last edited by J0J0 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J0J0
Established Member

Re: Hi I'm J0J0

Post by J0J0 »

and yes, one first question: Where on this board would a tool primarily built for Vinyl DJ's fit in well? I can't find the DJ section :-)
bulevardi
Established Member

Post by bulevardi »

J0J0 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 pm and yes, one first question: Where on this board would a tool primarily built for Vinyl DJ's fit in well? I can't find the DJ section :-)
First of all, welcome to the group, J0J0.
Thank you for sharing your story. We've all gone through this and still have a long way to go.

But I think you could post it in the 'Suggestion Box' where admins can see what type of subsection you want on this board.

Otherwise, maybe these sections fit your needs:
Your Studio & Gear
Computer Related Hardware
DIY projects
Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....
Get In Touch^^
Lèyon di li Neûris′
Established Member
Location: County of Hainaut where people should speak walloonish. Integrated to something called: “Belgium”.

Post by Lèyon di li Neûris′ »

J0J0 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 pmplay in a performance band named ADHS
Hi,
I was curious to listen your music, so I searched for a band called ADHS and found a band using that name from Vienna and Graz, is that your band?
God bless you.
Excuse my not so bad imperialist language.
Je parle:
-français (langue maternelle),
-ein bisschen Deutsch,
-on topau walon,
-een beetje Nederlands,
-je signe peu la langue des signes de Belgique francophone,
-я чуть чуть говорю по-русски,
-a trochu česky.
J0J0
Established Member

Post by J0J0 »

yes you found it, that’s us :-)
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/XmPAt9VCNsH2hDp19

and here is some of my solo stuff: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/L2PUehTQWh6mMseY7
Lèyon di li Neûris′
Established Member
Location: County of Hainaut where people should speak walloonish. Integrated to something called: “Belgium”.

Post by Lèyon di li Neûris′ »

Thank you.
Excuse my not so bad imperialist language.
Je parle:
-français (langue maternelle),
-ein bisschen Deutsch,
-on topau walon,
-een beetje Nederlands,
-je signe peu la langue des signes de Belgique francophone,
-я чуть чуть говорю по-русски,
-a trochu česky.