Hello from Seattle!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jynell

Hello from Seattle!

Post by jynell »

Hi, just found this forum! Well, I had a thread bookmarked and needed to reference it and figured what the hell, might as well join. Seems to be a very active community which is nice to see for once. I've only been making music for about a year so go easy on me.

I've been using Arch for around 8 years, both on desktop and raspberry pi, love the feeling of being free. For music I use SunVox and sometimes Cecilia, and a lot of Audacity. I've been programming for about 10 years too and would like to create my own software synth / possibly a software mastering app using pyo on the backend. Haven't looked into it much yet tho.

I recently made my own MIDI controller, it's fun to automate different sliders and effects, very useful. Maybe I'll do a DIY thread on it, about $30 USD but could probably be made with a cheaper chip (I want to try one of the $2 ones), but the Teensy 4.0 ($20) makes everything very simple.

Hmm what else. I don't know. I make weird ambient and visual art sometimes. Happy to be here! Look forward to meeting you all and listening to your music! Anyway, gotta get to work. Another day another dollar (believe it or not I like my job).
LAM
Established Member

Re: Hello from Seattle!

Post by LAM »

Welcome!
Nice controller! :D

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! I think many of us would be interested in a DIY thread for that MIDI controller! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
jynell

Post by jynell »

Thanks for the welcome! Hmm, maybe I'll make a post. :) I used the library referenced here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_midi.html - that covers the software side, but not so much the physical circuit, though it is a VERY simple circuit I wouldn't mind breaking it down step by step.
Jim
Established Member

Post by Jim »

hello from snohomish!
alexson
Established Member

Post by alexson »

Hello Jynell,

Welcome to this forum. Nice to meet you.