Hi from The Republic of Ireland

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ApacheHatchy

Hi from The Republic of Ireland

Post by ApacheHatchy »

Hi all,

Hope everyone keeping safe n well.

I stumbled onto this site while looking for the new MX Linux version of AV Linux, and i have to say im very impressed.

Fairly new to linux, my goal is to set up a Digital Synth platform on a separate laptop to add to my hardware in my studio. The idea is to be able to launch a Plugin and have it mapped to my Novation Zero SL2 and Impluse 25 and use it like i would a hardware Synth.

Anyways great to be here and looking forward to plenty of learning

Hatchy
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Hi from The Republic of Ireland

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi Hatchy! Any time I meet somebody Irish, I think about the journal of an ancestor that my family has digitized, in which she describes her mother trying to teach her "proper English" but she learned to say things like blarney and malarkey from her Irish grandmother.

Let us know what questions you have, and I hope to hear some music from you soon.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Welcome, Hatchy! My guess is that you will have a fun time with your hardware/software synth. I don't have any specific experience with those devices, but if they work as class-compliant midi devices then you'll soon be off to the races.

I suspect you will find Carla a useful piece of your software setup. Make sure you give it a test run.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Hello Hatchy and welcome :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!