Hello from the Black Forest

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dr4co
Established Member

Hello from the Black Forest

Post by dr4co »

Hello everyone!

I just got pulled in here via a challenge, so I thought, why not say hello while I'm here! I'm a classical musician by training (opera school dropout turned musicologist), play guitar and a bit of piano. I'm interested in too many styles, but apart from classical-ish stuff, I make electronic music, sound experiments with SuperCollider, and some singer-songwriter-ish person-with-guitar/piano songs.

I started using Linux in 2008 and basically learnt all my audio-related computer skills in that environment. I'm currently stuck on Windows for some of my work, but I use a lot of Open Source software for other parts of it and especially for making music. I have seen some interesting things developing in the open source audio world, and I have the best of intentions to use my old linux computer again for making music.

Have a nice day!
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Hello from the Black Forest

Post by Basslint »

Hello and welcome! Multi-talented as you are, I think you will appreciate the wide range of styles we play here :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
milo
Established Member

Re: Hello from the Black Forest

Post by milo »

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.