Greetings!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ChuggnBlues
Established Member

Greetings!

Post by ChuggnBlues »

Hello, hope everybody is keeping busy in these strange times.

I just wanted to say hi and how ecstatic I am that there's such a great community for Linux musicians! I remember a few years ago when I was starting to get into recording, all I'd hear out there were things like "buy a mac" and "garageband is so cool" (OK, yea it is kinda cool) and "protools is great". I'm very happy not to have the constraints of proprietary software bogging down my music making these days! Ardour seems to have gotten into such good shape - I'm probably even going to donate to them once I figure out my audio interface dilemma (although it did leave a sour taste in my mouth how much they shout at you with their pre-compiled binaries).

My personal musical style is similar to my username. I like me some Metal, Rock, and Blues; in somewhat similar doses. Lately I've been on the Blues train more than others, specifically because I'm trying to learn more about targetting chord changes & triads on my guitar and the Blues is KISS with that - and also the fact the Blues is in everything! (Well, maybe not classical I guess.)

Anyway, hope everybody has a great end of the week & weekend.
milo
Established Member

Re: Greetings!

Post by milo »

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here.

I went through a blues phase for several months a while back. Listened to very little else but classic blues recordings. I sure learned a lot, and it changed the way I listen to rock and roll forever.

Let us know if you need a hand with getting your interface running. Good luck with that!
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Welcome, fellow guitarist! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Bella
Established Member

Post by Bella »

Hey hey, welcome :)

I play rock/blues rock and I also dig on early psych and garage, with a soft spot for proto-metal thrown in.

Good to have you here!
ChuggnBlues
Established Member

Post by ChuggnBlues »

Thanks everybody!

I think I figured out my audio interface. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Now to just get my playing into shape!

Bella- never heard the term proto-metal, TIL. I always just refer to that era as Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, but proto-metal sure is a more specific term. Could perhaps even apply to stuff like Mondo Drag and Earthless, I love that stuff.
Bella
Established Member

Post by Bella »

@ChuggnBlues I happened upon the term a few years ago when I was going through another Blue Cheer phase and hunting down their rare performances. I guess it kind of stuck after that. Prior to that I always just called it what you call it.

Nice to have you along for the Linux ride!
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

ChuggnBlues wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:40 am My personal musical style is similar to my username. I like me some Metal, Rock, and Blues; in somewhat similar doses.
Great to have you on board! Hopefully we will hear soon some of your productions.

My musical taste is something similar, music I create might not match to that in fully extend, because I tend to make music I can, but maybe some day I can make music to match fully what I like.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

ChuggnBlues
Established Member

Post by ChuggnBlues »

@Bella Nice! I love Blue Cheer, thanks for the reminder I haven't listened to them for quite some time.

@tavasti Yea, it is a work in progress. I'm currently just a hobby guitarist, and I have fell out of the practice routine for a while. But once I get together something I'll be sure to post it here!