Greetings from Bangkok

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

NLHybrid
Established Member

Greetings from Bangkok

Post by NLHybrid »

Hello All,
I am a Canadian expat in Thailand, currently doing some teaching work. On the side, I like to dabble in crypto/forex/commodities analyses and I also play some music. I've been using linux(started on ubuntu, moved to linux mint, and now currently using Manjaro-GNOME) for almost over a year now and although it has been frustrating I enjoy using it compared to Windows.

What brought me to the linux audio world was my wanting to improve my audio quality for my online teaching (because of Covid, I'm going to be doing classes online). So I bought a lapel mic and an audio interface and as soon as I received them, I started working on setting up everything yesterday. It certainly has NOT been a smooth process(I have struggled in every step) :lol: but hopefully, I can find some useful tips in this great community....because I will definitely try to set up some workflows for guitar as well. I'm looking forward to getting into this community and contributing as well! Thanks. And sorry in advance for the noobish questions I am probably going to post....I have no idea with interfacing audio to PC and even less when it come to setting up DAWs or workflows through Claudia.

Some gear I have:
PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (3.4-3.9GHz, 6core)
2x8GB 2933 MHz DDR4 Ram
MSI RX580
MSI B450m Bazooka Motherboard (using the internal sound, Realtek ALC898)

Audio(PC)
Edifier R1700BT Speakers
Komplete Audio 2 USB Interface
Saramonic XLavMic-C (XLR Lapel Mic)

Guitar Gear
Vintage VSA500 semi-hollow electric (modded with custom paf-style pups)
212 Boss Katana MKII (with the full footswitch)
TC Electronics Ditto X2 Looper Pedal
milo
Established Member

Re: Greetings from Bangkok

Post by milo »

How do you like that Vintage VSA500? I've never played one, but I'd like to. They look like awesome instruments. I recently bought an Ibanez semi hollow body, which I like a lot.

Welcome to the forum!