Greetings to all and thanks for being here!!!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

boruth
Established Member

Greetings to all and thanks for being here!!!

Post by boruth »

I am one of those who has been trying for years to figure out how this works... but giving up too easily. I am getting somewhat closer to retirement and I really want to make this work.

YouTube is helping a LOT as there are many videos kindly put up by a variety of people.

That said, sometimes.... there is some little "facet" that I just don't get and videos just don't quite seem to answer the question that I have. I don't try to be dumb...... IT SOMETIMES JUST HAPPENS!!!!!!!!! :D

Again, thanks for the forum and I hope to be able to grab onto this and get going. My initial problems are most likely pretty basic! (for example, I bring up QjackCtl get it started, get the patch bay up, THEN I will start something like Audacity, and go BACK to QjackCtl patch bay...and I can't SEE or MAKE Audacity appear in the input or output list.... nothing I click does it!!!! NOT looking for an answer here....that is better done in an appropriate forum section. I just wanted to give you a teaser as to what I might ask about.....

I hope you are all doing well in this nutsy viral period!
milo
Established Member

Re: Greetings to all and thanks for being here!!!

Post by milo »

We're glad you're here, and hope we can get you up and running.

A quick tip about Audacity: the input and output connections are on the main toolbar of the app, and it is much easier to set up if you don't use JACK or qjackctl with Audacity in my experience.