Hacker, maker, musician.. :)

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

S1gmoid
Established Member

Hacker, maker, musician.. :)

Post by S1gmoid »

Hey :)

I'm a longtime Linux / FOSS / OpenHardware geek. I re-discovered my musical side not that long ago, and have really enjoyed the journey so far. Currently I'm focusing more on the human side of music, practicing on the piano and keyboard, practicing rhythm on the djembe, practicing sight-reading, doing ear training exercises, and similar, so the time I spend with a DAW is so far negligible.

As I'm growing increasingly tired of Apple's antics, I'm curious about the options for music making on Linux. :D
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Hacker, maker, musician.. :)

Post by bluebell »

S1gmoid wrote:Hey :)

I'm a longtime Linux / FOSS / OpenHardware geek. I re-discovered my musical side not that long ago, and have really enjoyed the journey so far. Currently I'm focusing more on the human side of music, practicing on the piano and keyboard, practicing rhythm on the djembe, practicing sight-reading, doing ear training exercises, and similar, so the time I spend with a DAW is so far negligible.

As I'm growing increasingly tired of Apple's antics, I'm curious about the options for music making on Linux. :D
Welcome and have fun. Linux became mature as an audio platform. We live in interesting times.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Welcome from me too. I've been using Linux for music since the early 2000s, so never had the 'mysterious' problems of the other platforms. It's not perfect of course, but the occasional niggle usually has several ways of getting resolved. It's also nice to be able to discuss issues with the actual developers... and be taken seriously!
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi S1gmoid, welcome in!
S1gmoid
Established Member

Post by S1gmoid »

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)