Hi!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Pablo
Established Member

Hi!

Post by Pablo »

Hi Linux musicians!
My name is Pablo. I'm 37. I live in a beatiful city in the Basque Country, north of Spain, near France, called San Sebastian. I like music and linux, so I'm another Linux Musician! I play the guitar. I like the music which disordered my brain for ever when I was in my teens and early twenties: Punk-hardcore. I grew up listening to punk music from all over the world and, although I am not as interested in others' music as I was once, I still enjoy going to gigs where I begin feeling like an old man. I've played in 3 or 4 local bands which nowadays are not very active. But now and then we make a "revival" for the friends who were at the scene some years ago.
Now I'm enjoying doing my own music, write the drum parts, record bass, record guitar... Besides, I have been recording my own band, but I'm not very proud at the result. However, I have the feeling that I've learned a lot about producing a CD in ardour.
Music with computers takes you lots of time and I don't have enough. Apart from music, I practice sport (master swimming) and work in a job that has nothing to do with Linux nor with music. I also study English but cannot practice very much. Writing here helps a bit.
I discovered Linux 3 years ago thanx to my brother. Have you ever got the feeling there is a hidden world outside much better than the only one you know? That was GNU/Linux for me.
I run 64Studio, the 32 bit version. Although I have a CPU with X86_64 architecture (Intel 2 Core 6420) I run the 32 bit version because I use one commercial VST instrument.
My PC at home has a dual boot 64Studio/Debian Lenny. I share another PC with a friend who plays drums. That's 64studio too.
I think this forum is a great idea and now and then I'll post some questions and maybe some answers.
Glad to meet you
Pablo
thorgal
Established Member

Post by thorgal »

Ola Pablo, bienvenu sur ce forum :)
well, I don't speak spanish but I am fluent in French in case you need it :)
Pablo
Established Member

Post by Pablo »

:) But I can't speak French! I speak Spanish, Basque and English. I read your posts in the ardour fora and AD fora as well. Thank you very much for your help! By the way, I'd like to know something about dssi-vst. I'll post it in another thread.
ntnunk
Established Member

Re: Hi!

Post by ntnunk »

Welcome!