Hi all!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

djtt
Established Member

Hi all!

Post by djtt »

Hi all!

Happy to find this forum, been thinking about using linux for music production for quite some time now.

Been loving linux for many years now when Ubuntu released their first distros.

The only thing holding me back is music production, don't want to switch back and forth between Windows and Linux.

Now with bitwig for me the posibility to switch to linux is finally there.

I've been producing with cubase for ages, obtained a lot of vst's.

I hope to find the posibilities to switch to linux, how to obtain low-latency kernels and keep my favourite vst's.

Cheers!

Ted
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Hi all!

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi Ted. Audio and midi on Linux has improved significantly over the last several years. There are a number of DAW apps that people are happy with. If Bitwig's works for you, that's great. No matter what style of music you're making, or what apps and plugins you are using, feel free to ask questions here, there are plenty of people willing to help.
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

VST's (32 and 64 bit) are supported quite well by an application called "Carla". You have to use Carla in combination w/ your DAW.
djtt
Established Member

Post by djtt »

Michael Willis wrote:Hi Ted. Audio and midi on Linux has improved significantly over the last several years. There are a number of DAW apps that people are happy with. If Bitwig's works for you, that's great. No matter what style of music you're making, or what apps and plugins you are using, feel free to ask questions here, there are plenty of people willing to help.
Thx! Just ordered an extra ssd for my studio pc. So will be checking in soon!
djtt
Established Member

Post by djtt »

Linuxmusician01 wrote:VST's (32 and 64 bit) are supported quite well by an application called "Carla". You have to use Carla in combination w/ your DAW.
Cool! Will check Carla out! Thx for the tip!