New to producing with Linux

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ddayhtx

New to producing with Linux

Post by ddayhtx »

I've been using Abelton Live since 2004 or so. Maybe 2 years ago I tried Mint out having only ever used Windows but growing tired of, well, all that is and comes with Windos OS. I went back and forth. I recently upgraded to Live 10 and bought a new PC. 1st one I've ever bought and not put together myself. Over the last few months I've come to LOVE Linux Mint and all the possibilities with it.

I was SUPER surprised to learn there were entire distros for audio production! I was hesitant but in an effort to never use Windows or any Mac products, I made the commitment to Linux and with that goes my access to Ableton Live.

So, I sold the license today and now I'm researching Linux distros to try. Leaning toward Ardour. In fact more than leaning, I'm going install and try it out.

Glad to be here, Glad to have Linux in my life and impressed with the community knowledge and possibilities.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: New to producing with Linux

Post by Michael Willis »

ddayhtx wrote:Glad to be here
We're glad to have you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, everybody starts out a noob. Blazing thunder, even after spending two years learning Ardour and related software, I still feel like a noob sometimes :lol: ... You'll find that people on this forum are really helpful and encouraging. Learning about audio production on Linux takes a lot of patience and work, but you'll soon reach a tipping point at which it is really rewarding.
ddayhtx

Post by ddayhtx »

thx for the replies team!
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Adding to what the others said, you'll find it's a refreshing change to be able to set things up to exactly match your workflow, and not what has been 'decided' your workflow should be :)
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}