Hello all.

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

assink
Established Member

Hello all.

Post by assink »

Hey all,

First of all, I find it awesome to see that there is a Linux audio community which seems quite active.
I've been a Linux user since my 12th, sooooo thats about 19 years now. Always been using Debian.
So, I'm always happy to help out new Linux users! Feel free to ask me directly! (I'm one of those people who doesn't help people with their windows problems)

Since a couple of years i started to get into music production, first I tried lmms. But then I found Renoise and felt in love immediately.
I think back then it still was the only commercial DAW with a native linux build. Since then ive seen some more DAW's starting to make linux builds like Bitwig and Tracktion. Which is awesome i think. And now also some VSTI's like the u-he ones coming to linux makes my view on the future of music production in Linux quite positive I have to say.

In the last year I've been reading on this forum a lot, and found out some really nice stuff. like Airwave (which also changed my life completely, since now i can use synth1) So a couple of weeks ago I registered (since i kind of felt obligated to do that in the meanwhile, not just to be that damn lurker) but never really made a post till now (which kept me being a lurker \o/). So i thought lets introduce myself so maybe after this I also will feel more like becoming a part of this Linux musician forum.

And here is some stuff i made on my linux box so far as far as you all are interested in that.
https://soundcloud.com/blasphemous-rumour

Greetings,
Assink
folderol
Established Member

Re: Hello all.

Post by folderol »

Nice to see you here. Just listening to 'Sunshine On The Wasteland" - very moody. Nice clean recording.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

Hello! Nice atmospheric tracks. Does 'Sunshine on the Wasteland' have anything to do with the Bowie song 'Bombers'?
assink
Established Member

Post by assink »

No, I was was planning to make an EP with a post apocalyptic theme. thats where the title of this track comes from.
All tracks are nearly done for over a year already... just didnt put the effort in it to finish em till now :)

But the bowie song is a great song tho!