Hi from Venice

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hellska
Established Member

Hi from Venice

Post by hellska »

Hi community,

my name is Daniele and I live in Venice, Italy.
I'm a musician and IT expert, since a few years I'm combining those two skills together and my sight was alwais pointing to linux.
I compose electronic music using Supercollider. I use this programming language to develop my own musical instruments that i play live using different kind of controllers. Once I was a 'real musician' :P and I used to play guitar and piano and a bit of percussions.
Why I'm here: Last month my old MacBook Pro died and I decided to give linux a chance ... my laptop is my own musical instrument now so ... I had to do it quick and dirty becausethere was a forthcoming gig ... after a hard weekend in front of a screen finally I managed to install everything I needed, Supercollider, jack, ffado drivers etc. and I refactor all the code in order to work in a Linux envoronment.
I've been so satisfied of the 'migration' that I won't come back to Apple products any more :D
Now I'm trying to solve some problems and I'm glad this community is so active and full of useful info!
You'll hear from me soon and I hope to be helpful too.

Nice to meet you all
:Dan
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Re: Hi from Venice

Post by CrocoDuck »

Ciao!

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forums! Good job with your migration!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Benvenuto tra noi,anche io sono diversi mesi che progressivamente ho abbandonato la piattaforma mac osx nonostante avessi tutto il materiale come programmi e licenze acquistate....Della Apple mi è rimasto solo questo vecchio imac 24 da dove sto scrivendo ma con due partizioni esclusive dedicate a gnu linux,nella prima vi è kx studio 14.04.05 e nella seconda debian stretch 9. Mi trovo benissimo con entrambe anche se kxstudio si sta rivelando una ottima piacevole sorpresa per me che sono invece una specie di paladino di debian riguardo le distro basate su gnu/linux. Ad ogni modo oggi veramente vi è una offerta di programmi open source di alto livello con cui spaziare nella produzione audio video e non solo per divertirsi come hobby ma anche da utilizzare per ambiti professionali,ciao :wink:

gennaro

Welcome to us, I am also several months that I gradually abandoned the mac osx platform even though I had all the material as programs and licenses purchased .... Apple just left me this old imac 24 from where I am writing but with two exclusive partitions dedicated to gnu linux, in the first there is kx studio 14.04.05 and in the second debian stretch 9. I'm fine with both although kxstudio is revealing a great pleasant surprise for me which are instead a sort of debian paladin riiiiiiguardo distro based on gnu / linux. However today, there is really a high-quality open source program that you can play in video audio production and not just to have fun as a hobby but also to use for professional purposes, hi
Last edited by gennargiu on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

Benvenuto da Busto Arsizio! :)

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com