Hi there :D

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tonga73
Established Member

Hi there :D

Post by tonga73 »

Hi everybody. My name is Gastón and I'm from Argentina.

I'm very new here as I didn't used the forum until now, that I finally got barely stable my Linux distro, in this case Mate. And I say this time cause I started with Elementary but almost every tutorial I've read to get music software working on Linux was done on Mate. Had some trouble with grub, and it's not "totally solved", but it works for now.

So here I am, and I'm pretty glad with this OS, a lot faster than Elementary and you can find more support around the web.

Well, on the music path I've started with 5yo, and now I'm 28. Never recorded something from my own creation, but that's what brings me here.

I love music, and I love computer. But my interpretations of the world made me quit computers and technology for a long time, until I decided to give it another chance but this time on open source and learning some code. Same with music creation, lol. Quited almost everything, but here I am again and this time I decided to do it all from the vision I have of this pretty place we are.

I wish I can get some things recorded and hopefully share some of what I know, as I'm sure I will find a lot to learn here.

Best wishes, and see you around :D
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Hi there :D

Post by Michael Willis »

¡Bienvenido, Gastón! Buena suerte en tu aventura musical, ojala que podamos oir tus creaciones.

Ha, that's pushing the limit of how much Spanish I know. Just let us know if you need any help, there's a friendly group on this forum. What kind of music are you interested in making?
tonga73
Established Member

Re: Hi there :D

Post by tonga73 »

Gracias por la bienvenida!! :D

I like lots of styles of music, and so my own music it's kindda a mess of styles. Last year, I got the luck of installing and make Ardour FULL WORK with my audio interface.

It was awesome. I feelt like a pro, cause all was easy and clean. No noises, no delay. Just plug, record and go!

Now I installed again Ardour (had to reinstall my OS due to a bug I made learning some code :P. I bug my computer a lot, but I learn a lot too..)

But now it doesn't get my interface and I don't know why. I did all the same.

Here is a link to my soundcloud. Theres not a lot, but the last one uploaded I recorded with Ardour. A nylon guitar, bass and electric guitar. And it sounds awesome for me. Sadly now I'm getting some trouble to get it work like that. But as always think to myself, if I did it once, I can do it again :D.

In fact, I let you the record I am talking about. I would be pleased if you tell me what you think about the record quality of this one. Cause I like it a lot but I'm so new at this that maybe it's all wrong.

Does not have edition at all. I only removed a "pike" that was produced by the electric jack plug. It's failing a lot. All improvised and recorded at first try.

https://soundcloud.com/gast-n-mitoire-mar-n/zape

Thanks for the welcome again!! and this time I think you gonna see me around a bit more. I'm pretty enthusiastic with all this recording thing.