Hello from Wisconsin, USA.

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

marksilver
Established Member

Hello from Wisconsin, USA.

Post by marksilver »

It appears to be commonplace here to introduce your location in the subject line, so I suppose I'll do so too. :P

My name is Mark! Silver (the exclaimation point is silent). I've been making music digitally as far back as 2012, but I first got into Linux in January 2016 with a little run at Ubuntu. Between then and now, I'd switched to Linux full time, and after some soul-searching/distrohopping, I finally settled down with Arch running a heavily tweaked GNOME desktop. Also during this time, I became acquainted with a three-DAW setup that consists of LMMS, Ardour, and occasionally Audacity. I have released two albums that were made entirely using libre setups (1 | 2), and my self-titled album that is coming out on the 22nd of August will have been produced entirely in libre software (even though I'm doing a vacation album thing between now and then that had proprietary software in production). Additionally, I'm gonna start licensing my future music and back-catalog under Creative Commons, because freedom is cool, yo. :P

I stumbled across this forum thanks to this little website, and I look forward to interacting with this community in the near future. ;)
ufug
Established Member

Re: Hello from Wisconsin, USA.

Post by ufug »

Thanks for bumping 42low. Anybody who hasn't listed to Mark's stuff is missing out. Catchy, clever, totally original.
listenable at c6a7.org