Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

HowBoutSomeSnus

Post by HowBoutSomeSnus »

Hello everyone

Seems like a great community, this!
I'm not new to anything Linux, been running with it for the most part of the 21st century.
Began with Debian but been running Ubuntu since it came out in 2004. (Still running Debian on my servers tho)
I'm also familiar with the most common DAWs; Cubase, Logic etc., since I've been playing in a band that used too record
lot's of stuff.

I play many of the common instruments; bass, guitar, drums and others and I'm somewhat decent on most of them.
Now I'm wanting to record once again but on my own. Since I don't have any windows computer or licenses around,
I'm thinking of Ubuntu Studio. Maybe not the best distro? But I'm figuring it'll be the easiest for me since I'm familiar with the Ubuntu
ecosystem. I've now tried out Ardour on Ubuntu Studio 16.04, and it's working nicely even on my crappy desktop with a crappy soundcard.

Hoping to get a faster computer and a nicer interface to produce music with soon, since I don't want to begin messing with setting up
Jack and stuff on my main Ubuntu machine.
English Guy
Established Member

Re: New member

Post by English Guy »

Hi there and welcome.

If you use Ubuntu or Debian just look at adding the KXStudio repositories to it, that way you get all the good software without having to change distro. I used Ubuntu from breezy badger but bailed out after they introduced unity. I am now a happy Debian user.