Hello from Indonesia

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

singlecutguitar
Established Member

Hello from Indonesia

Post by singlecutguitar »

Hello everybody, I'm very new here and in open source music production. I used to do orchestration on sibelius and logic which is run on my macbook pro. I'm personally more into classical-orchestral style of music, but also create orchestration for jazz orchestra with heavy brass section and arrangement for full pop orchestra. I'm looking forward into film scoring in the future.

I like the idea of this Linux and open source community. About people who share and create a community to build something big for each other. I think people should have access to production utility so the can create their own art. I have little experience with Linux, last time I use Linux was Ubuntu back in 2008 but I hope I can make contribution to this community.

I've read about this KXstudio which is an audio production Linux distro. But I failed to install it in my macbook pro. I try to follow the instruction here http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Document ... g_kxstudio. It doesn't worked out. When I'm finished installing from the KXstudio 14.04.2 Live CD (I try KXstudio first then click the install icon from the desktop), It installs as usual, but not auto restart the session. So I manually restart from the menu. When the laptop restarted it give me blank screen with blinking unscore _ in the top left corner of the screen. What should I do ?
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Hello from Indonesia

Post by Pablo »

Welcome to LM!

I suggest you should ask in the KXstudio subforum, under "Linux Distributions & Other Software"
singlecutguitar
Established Member

Re: Hello from Indonesia

Post by singlecutguitar »

I already solved the problems. When I install KXStudio 14.04.2 for the first time, the installer failed to install grub. I don't know if it's a bug from KXStudio itself or Ubuntu (since KXStudio is based on Ubuntu). This is how I do it.
  • Boot live USB and install Linux Mint 18 Sarah and let it use my entire disk space so the installer create partition for swap and boot BIOS
  • Delete the Linux Mint partition with gparted but not the swap and boot partition
  • Boot and install the KXStudio 14.04.2 and use the deleted Linux Mint partition
  • Reboot and KXStudio ready to run