Hello

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

coudrew

Hello

Post by coudrew »

I'm not terribly certain how to introduce myself here so I'll just give some background. I started songwriting with computers in 1990 with AdLib Visual Composer, moved on through Scream/Impulse Tracker, Rebirth, fruityloops, Ableton Live, and last year I picked up a Mac Mini so I've got Logic going too now. I've never found a certain other popular DAW to be terribly useful for songwriting or performance, and like most things with "Pro" written on them, i think it's largely store-bought credibility.

I dabbled in Linux off and on in the last 15 years or so, but uhhh.. the community didn't seem interested in outsiders until recently. So I took my big Windows computer and installed KXStudio, first time I've ever managed to get more than beep codes out of a Linux machine as far as audio is concerned. Then I got the Mac and Linux machines hooked up with Jack (pretty shocked at the low latency I can get there to be honest) and now I want more. I typically play guitar and sing live, but from 2006-2009, I played computer and sang. It was not easy. And when that one outlet/power bar has an issue or some other nonsense sends you into a reboot, suuuuuuuuper embarrassing.

This is more than I typically talk about myself so I'm gonna wrap things up here. I like computers, Linux is not as hard as it was, and I will die before I grow a ponytail.

Nice to meet you :)