Trained Musician+Tired of Commercial OS = New LinuxMusician

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mdickson
Established Member

Trained Musician+Tired of Commercial OS = New LinuxMusician

Post by mdickson »

Hi All. I've looked around a bit, and this seems like a great place to ask and answer questions, share experiences, etc.

I'm classically trained (piano, french horn), but also have (like, 20 years ago) recorded other genres. I'm in the middle of setting up a recording studio in my house, and my how things have changed since 20 years ago! Lot's to learn, but I'm enjoying learning (just managed to make a sound with my MIDI controller today for the first time -- baby steps...).
--
Michael
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Re: Trained Musician+Tired of Commercial OS = New LinuxMusic

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Would you by any chance be the same Mike Dickson that I know so well from another mailing list, dealing with an odd, and sometimes white keyboard instrument filled with tapes? Frank Carvalho, M400 #160 here. Welcome! I've been a Linux musician for many years.
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.
English Guy
Established Member

Post by English Guy »

Welcome to the bag of cats!
mdickson
Established Member

Post by mdickson »

Frank Carvalho wrote:Would you by any chance be the same Mike Dickson that I know so well from another mailing list, dealing with an odd, and sometimes white keyboard instrument filled with tapes? Frank Carvalho, M400 #160 here. Welcome! I've been a Linux musician for many years.
Different guy, I think! But thanks.
--
Michael