Howdy from San Antonio

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

cark830

Howdy from San Antonio

Post by cark830 »

Hi I'm Marc from San Antonio. I've been using Linux for a long time personally and with my day job. I play mostly rock and ise it more as a practice tool.

One of the things that keeps me booting into windows is my DAW. I primarily use Studio One but I like to try new things like Cakewalk and Reaper.

I bought Mixbus the otherday. And it got me scrambling to migrate over. Thing are going well. I was able get wine and yabridge installed for some paid for amp sims I use in windows.

I was not able to get Steven Slate Drums 5 installed so I'm on the hunt for an alternative.
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Post by Basslint »

Welcome Marc! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Post by Michael Willis »

Hey Marc! I love central Texas. I lived in San Antonio and Austin (in very different chapters of life), each for a couple of years.

Mixbus is great. You can also run Reaper natively in Linux these days.

You can try Guitarix if you're interested in a native guitar amp sim.

For drums, try AVL Drumkits and/or Drum Gizmo. Drum Gizmo has a few kits that you can download from the site, also be aware that some other people have put together kits for Drum Gizmo like Tchackpoum Kit.