Howdy from San Antonio

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cark830

Howdy from San Antonio

Post by cark830 »

Hi I'm Marc from San Antonio. I've been using Linux for a long time personally and with my day job. I play mostly rock and ise it more as a practice tool.

One of the things that keeps me booting into windows is my DAW. I primarily use Studio One but I like to try new things like Cakewalk and Reaper.

I bought Mixbus the otherday. And it got me scrambling to migrate over. Thing are going well. I was able get wine and yabridge installed for some paid for amp sims I use in windows.

I was not able to get Steven Slate Drums 5 installed so I'm on the hunt for an alternative.
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Howdy from San Antonio

Post by Basslint »

Welcome Marc! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Hey Marc! I love central Texas. I lived in San Antonio and Austin (in very different chapters of life), each for a couple of years.

Mixbus is great. You can also run Reaper natively in Linux these days.

You can try Guitarix if you're interested in a native guitar amp sim.

For drums, try AVL Drumkits and/or Drum Gizmo. Drum Gizmo has a few kits that you can download from the site, also be aware that some other people have put together kits for Drum Gizmo like Tchackpoum Kit.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi and welcome!

Actually if you're using Mixbus AVL-Drumkits come pre-installed in Mixbus so you can try them without downloading or installing anything.. :wink: