LEGO FRIENDSHIP STILL EXISTS

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

Basslint
Established Member

Re: LEGO FRIENDSHIP STILL EXISTS

Post by Basslint »

Not sure if tongue-in-cheek or not but I agree that a professional pop musician probably knows better about pitch correction than most people out there, and that can influence her performance.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Basslint
Established Member

Re: LEGO FRIENDSHIP STILL EXISTS

Post by Basslint »

redolives wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:47 am This restores some of my faith in the innocence of WORDINESS.
For example, I was temporarily dismayed by some otherwise playful hecklers at a completely different online website who temporarily devolved into insulting me playfully by commenting harshly about how I was doling out a lot of information.

They seemed to be chastizing (punishing me) for my enthusiastic and full involvement as a voluntary contributer even though i abided by their rules and traditions and standards.
I am sorry about that bad experience, I think this forum is very friendly unlike many places on the Internet.

I think that if someone spends time writing something on a niche forum, it's worth reading it. I'll stop only if I don't think I can contribute in any significant way to the discussion.

Though I think that nowadays it's becoming psychologically hard to read long texts on the Internet. This is because "AIs" (whatever that means) capable of writing long (and apparently coherent) texts exist (such as GPT-3). So a lot of people are going to be worried about wasting their time with machine-generated blobs of text which make no sense on a deeper, human level (a bit like SEO spam blogs, if you're familiar with them).

Is this a good reason to write less? I don't think so. But I do think that it makes a good case for reading fewer things on the Internet, when the source is not certified by a trusted party.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!