How to Use A Rotary Laser Level For Drainage Tasks?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tapenade
Established Member

Re: Portable speaker

Post by tapenade »

This sounds crazy, but I once chopped into the power cord of some cheap office speakers and splice in a USB power cord and it worked like a charm.

It's not easy to explain, except that I studied some charts of which wires within a USB cable are for power and which are for data. I think there's only 4 wires. So I was able to splice a USB cable carefully to the power cable. I can't quite remember the exact layout of the splice. Sorry. But USB is usually I think about 4 volts. And I was able to read the original power adapter for amperage (current) and the speakers were rated on the box as 10 watts per channel.

I remembered Ohm's Law equations from college, and looked them up online and in some books at the library.
You might be able to do that too.

When the project was done, I was able to just plug the speakers into my laptop computer on batteries and still listen to good sound as long as I kept the dial below 50%.

Sadly, some ar**hole stole my computer and the speakers and the adpater and everything else.
I was in Medford, OR at the time. But I think you could pull off similar with some cheap WalMart computer speakers or something from an office supply store.
$ totally bogus bullsh*t > /dev/null