I know two people who died from Sars-CoV-2, do you know anyone?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

I know two people who died from Sars-CoV-2, do you know anyone?

Post by TAERSH »

Hi.

Meanwhile I personally know two persons who died from Sars-CoV-2 or even Corona. One was the sister of a guy having an internet cafe which I visited for several years regularly. The other one is the Uncle of the Wife of my Girlfriend's brother.

Do you know anyone who died from Sars-CoV-2 or even Corona?
Gps
Established Member

Re: I know two people who died from Sars-CoV-2, do you know anyone?

Post by Gps »

No I don´t.

The numbers I see, are that as many people died last year from corona, as in previous years from flue.
Although for people who have died and there families, it matters less what the cause was.
My sympathy for anybody who lost somebody.

It's a shame to see the world divided into two sides on this.
One side seems to believe and trust the main stream media.

Although I don't agree, its their right to do so.

My media shows me doctors that already had medicine against corona last year.
They were made a fool though, by the main stream media. (HCQ and such)

Then there is that Dutch guy, that for his profession designed PCR test, who has allot of criticisms, on how the pcr test is used.

Peter Borger which filed a retraction paper on the Drosten papers.
The Drosten papers are what the corona measurements are based on.

His retraction request got denied, but now a American doctor is having the same criticism about how the pcr test is being used.

At this point the story gets complicated, because they talk about the primers used with that test.
If I understand this part right, the primers used are not corona specific primers.

In simple English a positive pcr test does not mean you have corona.

Last year, in march when I heard about the 1,5mter distance rule, my intuition went into red alert mode.
It keeps surprising me , not many more people had this experience.
It was for me the start of a long search about what is going on.

The first two things I learned, was that corona does exist, and why I heard people say, that the pcr test does not look for corona.
The PCR test looks for RNA.

Now a year later people are standing in line to get a vaccine, for which the manufacturer is not responsible if anything goes wrong.

Again its there right, as its mine to say no thank you. :)
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

I am a medical doctor by profession. I know many people who died from COVID-19.

The pandemic is not a scam.

The vaccine is a miracle. It is our way out of this mess.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

The numbers I see, are that as many people died last year from corona, as in previous years from flue.
Yes, that's often used to deny the potential danger of Sars-CoV-2. But one has to keep in mind, there's usually several million people per year per country who getting infected by influenza. So, the percentage of deaths caused by Sars-CoV-2 (or with it) was a lot higher compared to influenza - at lest in 2020 in my country and home town. I took the numbers each day for several months and calculated the percentage of deaths. During 2020 until July/August it was around 5% of all infected people passed away.

I'm neither one of those guys who denies Sars-Cov-2 etc. nor I'm the one in line to get a vaccine. From what's known now compared to what's known in the beginning of 2020, though I believe for most people it might not be that dangerous what it was suggested by the panic spread into our communities through our politicians and main stream media all over the world.

From my personal experience I can confirm what I believe. Currently there's two members of my Girlfriend's family infected by Sars-CoV-2. Her stepmother and the stepmother's new husband. Both are aged around 60 years and none of them both are seriously ill. Knocked out somehow, yes, but not in danger for life - it will hopefully not change during the next days.

My Girlfriend's brother and his wife also have been infected. Both were infected by the Uncle I mentioned who came to visit and was tested negative previously. The brother and his wife didn't have any real issues. Just like a small influenza for some days. Meanwhile they are well.

Myself was heavily ill in April 2020 when I thought it was just influenza. But this was really heavy. The whole body was hurt. For more than two weeks I couldn't do anything apart from sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. Only interrupted from getting up and drinking or to go to the bathroom. I took me ten more days after that, to get in half as good shape as before. From what I knew in April 2020 I was sure it was just a very heavy influenza. But from what I know now, I'm not quite sure anymore. Perhaps I was infected by Sars-CoV-2 without knowing it and survived.

However, I don't intend to get a vaccine if I could get one now. And currently I don't see myself changing my thoughts on that in the near future. I never liked doing what majority is doing and avoided it when ever possible. Except sleep, drink, eat etc. If everyone goes this way, go that way - if I ever would have a motto, it could be that.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

I know of 2 people who died from Covid-19, and several who were sick from it. Thankfully nobody in my close family or friend circles passed away..

Far before partisan news networks, and social media, and such hysterical political hyperbole there were various infectious diseases that killed hundreds of thousands of people worldwide... How many people do you know who have had smallpox, or tetanus, or whooping cough, or polio, or (perhaps until recently) measles? I had two uncles and a grandmother who survived polio and had lifelong crippling adverse effects from it. These diseases are no longer widespread and some are completely eradicated because of the historical proven science of vaccination... Not politics, not religion... not baseless opinion or conspiracy theory superstitions.

Use common sense people! Vaccination was around and had proven itself long before Zuckerberg, Trump, Fauci, Gates, Q or whatever media darling from whatever hole in the ground you want to prop up for a flimsy argument... If you don't trust the media fine, trust your history books and your own two eyes for the fact that you don't see anyone walking around with any of the diseases I just listed because of vaccination! If you're not going to get vaccinated then maybe don't take your heart medication, or get chemotherapy for cancer or use your phone or drive your car with it's internal combustion engine... cuz all this science stuff is pretty sketchy and not trustworthy...except when we need it for our own selfish reasons... then it's totally great... What's that? You want me to wear a mask on my face and get vaccinated and set aside my personal liberties to benefit and protect the rest of society!? Geez, I don't know about that...

I will be happy when they develop a vaccine for entitled selfishness, that seems to be the worldwide plague we really can't get on top of and in the long run it is far more potentially lethal and will make Covid-19 look like a church picnic..

Seriously!? :roll:
Last edited by GMaq on Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

TAERSH wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:43 pm Meanwhile I personally know two persons who died from Sars-CoV-2 or even Corona. One was the sister of a guy having an internet cafe which I visited for several years regularly. The other one is the Uncle of the Wife of my Girlfriend's brother.

Do you know anyone who died from Sars-CoV-2 or even Corona?
1) Sars-CoV-2 and Corona are same thing.

2) I know very few persons who had it, but from those, two 40-50 years old had severe symptoms for long. One had them for 9 months, another had at least 12 months.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

Gps wrote: The numbers I see, are that as many people died last year from corona, as in previous years from flue.
I already told you that is wrong.

There are some questions that have right and wrong answers like :

How many days are there in the week?

There is one right answer to that and I would suggest that the question How many people have died of Covid compared to flu? falls into the same category. There are facts involved and facts are not a matter of opinion.
Gps wrote:One side seems to believe and trust the main stream media.
I don't know what media you're watching but it's as wrong as saying there are six days in the week.
Gps wrote:Again its there right, as its mine to say no thank you.
You haven't thought this through. Your rights don't mean you can behave disgracefully, flapping around spraying germs on everyone. What about the other people's rights? Can the other people have the right not to get Cornavirus? Can old people have the right to live and not be exposed to the risk posed by Coronavirus? Your rights don't mean you can do anything -- there are laws. There is 'freedom for' and 'freedom from' and these two have to be balanced.

I heard about a new conspiracy theory. They're called 'The Monday Deniers'. Apparently the mainstream media has been telling everyone there are seven days in a week when there are actually only six. The mainstream media has fooled 99.99% of the global population with the Monday hoax. Monday doesn't really exist -- it's just been made up by the mainstream media. Amazing how many people have been fooled, and how many actors there are in the conspiracy. Every journalist on Earth is taken into a room and told the truth, while being sworn to secrecy. The realisation that Monday is a hoax came to an American fellow who took too much LSD, became convinced he is an orange, and now doesn't go outside in case someone peels him.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

I'm really happy the discussion around this potentially explosive topic has been fairly civil so far.

As we've seen before it has a chance of turning into shouting at each other. Let's please stop before we get there - otherwise I'll close the thread.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Very sensitive question I see, not sure why it is being asked. But I can give my answer, and I will keep it to the original question.
TAERSH wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:43 pm Do you know anyone who died from Sars-CoV-2 or even Corona?
Corona. Two close family friends perished. Three relatives of close friends perished. One close family friends survived, but has permanent damages from it. Close relatives of mine got it too, but they had no serious complications. This mainly in my home town in Italy, which was exactly the epicentre of the first wave in my country.
Last edited by CrocoDuck on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

merlyn wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:14 am I heard about a new conspiracy theory. They're called 'The Monday Deniers'. Apparently the mainstream media has been telling everyone there are seven days in a week when there are actually only six. The mainstream media has fooled 99.99% of the global population with the Monday hoax. Monday doesn't really exist -- it's just been made up by the mainstream media.
This is best conspiracy theory ever! Regardless of number of days in the week, there is monday. If week would be shrinked to one day, there would be only mondays. :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

The realisation that Monday is a hoax came to an American fellow who took too much LSD, became convinced he is an orange, and now doesn't go outside in case someone peels him.
:lol: He must bored if all he can do is citrus at home all day

Thankfully, I don't know anyone personally who has died from it. I do know people who have had it though.
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

merlyn wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:14 am
Gps wrote: The numbers I see, are that as many people died last year from corona, as in previous years from flue.
I already told you that is wrong.

At he beginning of this year, I compared the number of people dying from flue, with the number of people dying from covid in the last year.
Guess what I found ?

But maybe your saying the flue wikipedia is wrong?
Then I will contact the flue wikipedia that there dead toll numbers are wrong.

Or did the numbers of last year change during this year ? :lol:
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

tavasti wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 am 1) Sars-CoV-2 and Corona are same thing.
Well, not exactly.

If coronavirus == text editors, then Sars-CoV-2 == nano, or maybe notepad.

There are many coronaviruses. Sars-CoV-1, which caused SARS, is a coronavirus, as is the virus that causes MERS. But there are other more benign coronaviruses that cause the common cold. These other viruses would be analogous to emacs, vi, gedit, SciTE, mousepad, etc.
GMaq wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:54 am Use common sense people! Vaccination was around and had proven itself long before Zuckerberg, Trump, Fauci, Gates, Q or whatever media darling from whatever hole in the ground you want to prop up for a flimsy argument... If you don't trust the media fine, trust your history books and your own two eyes for the fact that you don't see anyone walking around with any of the diseases I just listed because of vaccination!
Yes, exactly.

Vaccines have a fundamental PR problem. It is this: If you have an effective vaccine and enough people in a population receive it, then you will no longer see that disease in that population. In that situation the only things people in the population are aware of are the needle jab and whatever adverse effects, however rare, are caused by the vaccine. When society's memory of these diseases fades, then people start to feel, and think, and behave as if the vaccine's risks outweigh its benefits.

For my part, I'd rather live in a society without polio, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella/zoster, and COVID-19. I was one of the first people in my town to get the Sars-CoV-2 vaccine. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And nobody paid me to say that. I just did it for free because I want to live in a better world.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

raboof wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:28 am I'm really happy the discussion around this potentially explosive topic has been fairly civil so far.

As we've seen before it has a chance of turning into shouting at each other. Let's please stop before we get there - otherwise I'll close the thread.
Sorry for invoking emacs vs. vi in an already-potentially-contentious thread. :lol:
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

milo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:37 pm
tavasti wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 am 1) Sars-CoV-2 and Corona are same thing.
Well, not exactly.

If coronavirus == text editors, then Sars-CoV-2 == nano, or maybe notepad.

There are many coronaviruses. Sars-CoV-1, which caused SARS, is a coronavirus, as is the virus that causes MERS. But there are other more benign coronaviruses that cause the common cold. These other viruses would be analogous to emacs, vi, gedit, SciTE, mousepad, etc.
GMaq wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:54 am Use common sense people! Vaccination was around and had proven itself long before Zuckerberg, Trump, Fauci, Gates, Q or whatever media darling from whatever hole in the ground you want to prop up for a flimsy argument... If you don't trust the media fine, trust your history books and your own two eyes for the fact that you don't see anyone walking around with any of the diseases I just listed because of vaccination!
Yes, exactly.

Vaccines have a fundamental PR problem. It is this: If you have an effective vaccine and enough people in a population receive it, then you will no longer see that disease in that population. In that situation the only things people in the population are aware of are the needle jab and whatever adverse effects, however rare, are caused by the vaccine. When society's memory of these diseases fades, then people start to feel, and think, and behave as if the vaccine's risks outweigh its benefits.

For my part, I'd rather live in a society without polio, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella/zoster, and COVID-19. I was one of the first people in my town to get the Sars-CoV-2 vaccine. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And nobody paid me to say that. I just did it for free because I want to live in a better world.
Can you comment on something I hear ?

This vaccine against corona is a new vaccine that is not like the flue vaccine and other vaccine that came before it.
Something about a small change it can change your DNA.

My source is Peter Borger a guy who designs or designed PCR test.
He says that their should have been more research on this.

In general, I only like to add, I am not anti vaccines. Without penicillin I would probably already not be around any more.
The manufactures not being responsible for anything going wrong, is what made up my mind up about this vaccine.