LNXMuSCNS video meet April 3rd / 6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 14.00 EDT

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: LNXMuSCNS video meet April 3rd / 6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 14.00 EDT

Post by Rainmak3r »

Oh sorry, just noticed you mentioned Jack explicitly. AFAIK no browser (apart from a custom fork of Firefox that's never gone much forward, I think) supports Jack at all. The Jitsi desktop app is simply an Electron app, I think, which being basically a browser embedded in some native cloat also very likely doesn't support Jack.
Fmajor7add9
Established Member

Post by Fmajor7add9 »

Rainmak3r wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:31 pm ....Not sure if Jitsi has some automated mechanisms to do the same, as I know many people working there but I'm not familiar with the tool itself (I use it rarely since I'm busy working on Janus most of the times), but what I wrote above should be fine no matter the tool.
great stuff, thanks a lot! I'll ask around on the Jitsi boards and assume someone has dealt with this before and probably by fake-user-id as you lined out above.
If not get ready for pingbacks at every step of the way :)
Fmajor7add9
Established Member

Post by Fmajor7add9 »

Rainmak3r wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:34 pm Oh sorry, just noticed you mentioned Jack explicitly. AFAIK no browser (apart from a custom fork of Firefox that's never gone much forward, I think) supports Jack at all. The Jitsi desktop app is simply an Electron app, I think, which being basically a browser embedded in some native cloat also very likely doesn't support Jack.
I think Jack is irrelevant for this particular case as long as a pulse bridge can bring sound in and out of the browser or the app. So Jack would come into play if an external looper is needed somewhere in the chain. I expect that some kind of cloud hosted looper component or service is more straightforward however.
Fmajor7add9
Established Member

Post by Fmajor7add9 »

Rainmak3r wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:31 pm
That's simple enough to launch on your own machine, but if you want a true "bot" that's maybe launched from a server, you can use a headless instance of Chrome for the job, which is done often for the purpose of load testing as well. If you want something more lightweight, it can be done using stacks like GStreamer's webrtcbin, Pion or aiortc, but in that case you have to programmatically take care of the signalling yourself (in your case, figure out the messaging needed to join a Jitsi room as a regular participant would), which can be the opposite of trivial.

Not sure if Jitsi has some automated mechanisms to do the same, as I know many people working there but I'm not familiar with the tool itself (I use it rarely since I'm busy working on Janus most of the times), but what I wrote above should be fine no matter the tool.
Turns out there's a input monitor meter inside Jitsi's meet settings. That should hopefully solve this for most users if not all. If they don't get any audio from the meet a fancy looper bot wouldn't make much difference anyway I guess.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

do not mention the file dialog
it is taboo