Search for a special hardware music player

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

nils
Established Member

Search for a special hardware music player

Post by nils »

Hi forum, I am coming to you for your swarm-intelligence.

For my wood workshop I am looking for a music player with the following list of features. I have not found something like that on my own yet and hope that, by chance, one of you knows exactly the right thing. I am explicitly looking for a device that can do the following things out of the box. I am very aware that I could buy various adapters, build a case and setup my own software etc. etc. but for once I want money to be the solution :)

I have a pair of ear-protection/Bluetooth-headphones (Isotunes Pro) that I wear a lot when operating machines, but not all the time. I want to listen to music seamlessly. The device should:
  • Withstand wood dust, which is IPx6 (the x is a number for water protection and doesn't matter here)
  • Play music files from an USB stick. I want to select and copy my music at home and use the same stick in my car and workshop.
  • Integrated loudspeakers
  • Send music to Bluetooth (BT aptX protocol) in parallel to the loudspeakers. Both should be able to be active at the same time.
  • As you know sending to speakers and BT at the same time requires latency compensation. Together with dust-proofing this is the reason why I want dedicated, standalone hardware.
  • Optional: Turn off the speakers (=volume 0) but BT continues to send.
tramp
Established Member

Re: Search for a special hardware music player

Post by tramp »

Over the last decades we've tested a lot of Construction site radios, at least, this day's we use the
Teufel Boomster.
Didn't know if it could play from a USB stick, but could from phone.
The sound quality is amassing compared to all other devices we've had before.
On the road again.
nils
Established Member

Re: Search for a special hardware music player

Post by nils »

Thanks. I don't see anything that this can load from USB indeed, I don't think so in fact.
And I don't see anything that this can send music via BT to my ear-protection