Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

which song is coming out of your speakers right now, the sequel

Post by jonetsu »

Serj Tankian - "Occupied Tears"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qtyw84F5DM
Last edited by jonetsu on Fri May 29, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: which song is coming out of your speakers right now that is not reggae related ?

Post by jonetsu »

Let me offer a parallel for the creation of this thread.

If I was going to daily post about a type of music and its small variants, let's say Zeuhl music for instance, I would think twice. Should I use a general music-listening thread and plaster daily - if not several times per day - links to this style of music to a general-purpose thread ? Nope. I would consider that hijacking a thread no matter how much I like a style of music. What I would do is create a specific thread, named appropriately, and put all my links to this specific style of music in there, as much a I'd like to.

Makes sense. Simple and communal.
carlv
Established Member

Re: which song is coming out of your speakers right now that is not reggae related ?

Post by carlv »

Apologies and agreement..

Chin !
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Well, what I'm referring to is otherwise known as spam.

Lightly ...

"Ca m'vénère" - Palmashow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfiINIrFMRM

Bonus :)

"Google Home" - idem (no need to understand French)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Ia_xRqiI4
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Michael Willis wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:35 pm Passive Aggressive
If you're on that trend of seeing some people through this kind of filter, I'd recommend perhaps Jocko Wilink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3hyu4D81l0

OTOH, spam has nothing to do with a communal space.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

jonetsu wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:31 pm I would consider that hijacking a thread
bitsnpcs wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:20 pm CENSORSHIP attempt
Please, behave.

@jonetsu, this thread was a childish and indeed passive-agressive way to bring up that you found @bitsnpcs was posting too much in the "which song is coming out of your speakers right now" topic.

@bitsnpcs, "censorship" is when a powerful entity, such as a government, is preventing you to speak on your own platform. Being moderated on someone else's forum is hardly censorship. Some random person complaining about your posts is definitely not censorship.

Please, find a way to get along, OK? If you have any further problems, please privmsg me instead of starting a public fight again.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

If a reasonable discussion is not possible, ignore the user and concentrate on the good instead of the bad.
There are many opinions (freedom of speech within the framework of generally defined rules!), many possibilities for discussion and unfortunately also the "~against each other" which is tedious and often makes no sense.
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

I don't think there is such a function here.
And if there was, it would only work if you were logged in.
Do it like real life: Laugh and live, think your part, and don't let it bring you down. ;-)
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

Newclues - Jam on it .
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

raboof wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 am @jonetsu, this thread was a childish and indeed passive-agressive way to bring up that you found @bitsnpcs was posting too much in the "which song is coming out of your speakers right now" topic.
I'll take the time to respond to this. I do not have the time now although I would like to make two things clear. For the time being I'd like to leave you with a question that follows quotes:
bitsnpcs wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:48 pm
jonetsu wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:37 pm What troll ?
It was a statement, not a request for discussion.
Do you prefer active-aggressive ?
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

One thing I wanted to add right from the start when posting the following link but did not in order to not add eventual confusion is the following. And it can also serve as a closure for this thread.

The "Passive Aggressive" music link cannot be discussed much since this is a song. I'd at least would need the lyrics but then, it's a song.

So I posted a discussion between two guys on the subject, one of them being Jocko Wilink, which was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3hyu4D81l0

What I wanted to add is the following.

If I would have given a title to this link it would have been:

"Imagine the People ('coz I don't know how to really talk to them)"

By that I mean that this two guys are actually showing that they cannot talk, they don't know how, they are afraid, to the person that they have labelled 'passive aggressive'. They are big strong guys but they have 0 flexibility in being able to actually directly talk to someone w/o putting forth their strengths. They always have to be on top, they cannot open their hearts if only a little bit to enable a tad of a more sincere communication. So they use convenient labels and hide behind them.

Very common unfortunately.

And as a closure to this thread, I do not have to say that I actually like some reggae music very much and since the days I used to work on a farm at that. Can't say I like 'reggae music' as I can't say I like 'rock music' or I like 'jazz music' or I like 'ambient music', etc... I do not like entire genres, but the ones that sounds the most honest and involved about what they're doing for me I tend to like.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Gps wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:30 pm Newclues - Jam on it .
Cool, I love that song!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »