Linspire 7.0

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Linspire 7.0

Post by MattKingUSA »

Just thought I would put out a quick "review" of Linspire 7.0. I purchased a license 3 days after release and was provided an iso download. I migrated my ubuntu studio 17.10 install over and restored my deja dup backups to the new install. I am an old Mandriva user so I always run the latest plasma desktop. Setting up the latest plasma was very simple as Linspire 7.0 is based on Ubuntu 16.04. I purchased a copy of the latest Ardour as well and installed the ladspa plugins along with other audio packages. This distro so far has been a far superior experience to Ubuntu Studio and certainly on par with my expectations. I purchased the Mandriva powerpack for years for the same reasons. I have many other great things to say and detailed tutorials I am planning for the launch of their upcoming forum. I must say that this distro is the best user experience I have had since the days of Mandriva. Have any of you already tried Linspire or Freespire?

-Matt :D

folderol
Established Member

Re: Linspire 7.0

Post by folderol »

Very interesting.
I've not tried Linspire, But my very first toe into Linux pond was Mandrake... which became mandriva of course.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
MattKingUSA
Moderation Services Senior Administrator

Re: Linspire 7.0

Post by MattKingUSA »

folderol wrote:Very interesting.
I've not tried Linspire, But my very first toe into Linux pond was Mandrake... which became mandriva of course.
Freespire 3 is available free of charge. It's also their free software focused release. And Linspire 7.0.1 is $95 USD at the moment. I think that $95 is a reasonable price. You also get to choose between MicroSD/SD/USB for storage device that is mailed with purchase. I dont' know. I would say give it a try. This is the best distro I have used since Mandriva 2011 in my opinion. I have not been disappointed.

-Matt :D