Soundcloud says to stay

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

Re: Soundcloud says to stay

Post by folderol »

I have mixed feelings about this.
Over the last couple of years, it seems they've done everything possible to discourage their original musicians. Especially after getting rid of groups, and promoting 'reposts' it seems they are more interested in those that contribute nothing.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Nachei
Established Member

Re: Soundcloud says to stay

Post by Nachei »

Good to know, however, "not going away" is a negative statement. I'd prefer to read an affirmative statement, that says yes to something (like: from now on we're going to bet on growing this way, our vision for our service in a few years is...). Otherwise they are just in defence mode, putting out fires.

(And I don't mean this is is easy, and I don't get the least satisfaction of saying this; obviously, a streaming service having a rough time is bad news for anybody who reads this forum...)

What I don't understand is why they always take away the social part from these sites. Same thing happened with Jamendo; to me it sounds like a great opportunity for people to mingle, for music to be shared, for new artists to get noticed and gain momentum... If this social networking thing is big business for Fb, Linkedin and the like, why shouldn't it work with a music community?