What kind of guitar is that?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

autostatic
Established Member

Re: What kind of guitar is that?

Post by autostatic »

gimmeapill wrote:Given the age of the guitar, it would really be a shame to mod it now, better keep it in mint condition.
Exactly my thoughts but this guitar might have issues with the neck joint near the headstock, looks like it might have ben cracked but I'm still unsure. If a luthier tells me it has been cracked and repaired then I'd promote it to a player and swap pick ups.
gimmeapill wrote:If not for those religious considerations, I'd happily slap a pair of seymour duncans (either Jazz, JB, or Distortion) and change that coil tap to a coil split.
I'm a bit religious though, I barely mod any of my old guitars. But if I change PU's then it will be SD's for sure, those rock. I have one guitar with a JB in the neck position and that sounds ace.
autostatic
Established Member

Re: What kind of guitar is that?

Post by autostatic »

ufug wrote:Wow, this Gibson is just flat out gorgeous. I imagine it sounds lovely.
Yes I also really love the looks of this guitar. And it plays like a dream, the neck profile suits me very well. I don't like the sound though, I just don't dig ceramic PU's :(.