Win the NEW Mixbus v4

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Win the NEW Mixbus v4

Post by tramp »

and all 15 of Harrison’s world-class plugins.
More infos here, on my lucky url. 8)

http://recordingstudiorockstars.com/giv ... lucky=1259
On the road again.
sadko4u
Established Member

Re: Win the NEW Mixbus v4

Post by sadko4u »

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

How does this work ? Do you work for Recording Studio Rock Stars to make these offers ?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

jonetsu wrote:How does this work ? Do you work for Recording Studio Rock Stars to make these offers ?
No, It's a offer by Recording Studio Rock Stars, I just participate. You can do so as well.
Recording Studio Rockstars wrote:Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Random drawing will be conducted on or about April 16, 04:00PM CDT by a representative from the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
Recording Studio Rockstars wrote:Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
So, click my lucky url, please. 8)
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

But why should I click your "lucky" URL ? Do you get money or a discount when people do so ? Why isn't there squarely a participation ballot on the Recording Studio Rock Stars web site itself ?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

jonetsu wrote:But why should I click your "lucky" URL ?
As more entrys I get on my lucky url, as higher the chance to win.
jonetsu wrote: Do you get money or a discount when people do so ?
No, see above, it increase my chance to win, that's all.
jonetsu wrote:Why isn't there squarely a participation ballot on the Recording Studio Rock Stars web site itself ?
Here you go:
https://twitter.com/HarrisonMixbus
On the road again.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

He he what a publicity stunt. Anyways, I'm 'waiting' for 32C v4 which should be out May 1st. Since I got 32C I do not have any use case to pursue the usage of regular Mixbus and Ardour.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

jonetsu wrote:I do not have any use case to pursue the usage of regular Mixbus and Ardour.
So, it is so, :lol:
However, a lot of guitarix users ask me steady for a place to donate, this here is a place to show the love.
On the road again.
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

tramp wrote: So, it is so, :lol:
However, a lot of guitarix users ask me steady for a place to donate, this here is a place to show the love.
Hey Tramp, I signed up using your link because:

1) I would like to donate some $ to Guitarix but can never find out how (I use it constantly, it is the best thing ever!)

2) I want you to have a copy of Mixbus to check out with Guitarix. Mixbus sessions wont re-open for me if I use the main LV2 amplifier plugin. I must manually remove the plugin from the .ardour session file to recover the session. It's not a big problem, I just use Carla route the signal through Guitarix, but a plugin would be much easier to use.

If you don't win the contest, maybe we could find a way to get you a copy of Mixbus anyway for testing? I would be glad to try and make that happen.
listenable at c6a7.org
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

ufug wrote:Hey Tramp, I signed up using your link because:

1) I would like to donate some $ to Guitarix but can never find out how (I use it constantly, it is the best thing ever!)
Hi ufug

Thanks for your kind words and for helping me to get a chance to catch the price. :D
Indeed the guitarix project haven't setup a donation service at all, but feedback ( and music) :) like yours is a great donation anyway.
ufug wrote:2) I want you to have a copy of Mixbus to check out with Guitarix. Mixbus sessions wont re-open for me if I use the main LV2 amplifier plugin. I must manually remove the plugin from the .ardour session file to recover the session.
I've get reports about such issues in Mixbus, that is one reason why I signed up on this game, Indeed my intention is to figure out what happens there and fix it.

regards
hermann
On the road again.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

tramp wrote: I've get reports about such issues in Mixbus, that is one reason why I signed up on this game, Indeed my intention is to figure out what happens there and fix it.
I don't use guitarix, at least not yet, but I have no problem whatsoever in giving away my regular Mixbus v3. Not v4, v3. If that can help in development and if it's legal to do so (I think it is).
x42
Established Member

Post by x42 »

I've get reports about such issues in Mixbus, that is one reason why I signed up on this game, Indeed my intention is to figure out what happens there and fix it.

regards
hermann
For what it's worth: Mixbus is build using the exact same dependencies as Ardour and Mixbus LV2 implementation is 100% identical to Ardour's.
You could just grab a https://nightly.ardour.org/ or the Mixbus demo version. Also Harrison offers NFR copies to plugin-developers for testing and debugging. I suggest to contact support: mixbus @ harrisonconsoles.com -- Yet for debugging you're probably better off with an Ardour binary (there are variants with debug symbols on nightly.ardour.org)

In any case, there's a chance that the issue is due to GTK ABI incompatibility.

Regardless good luck with the contest!
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Hi x42

I've already received mixbus v4 as a donation from ufug, many thanks man!

And, I believe that I found the issue already. Seems to be the old annoying fftw3 issue in Pan create. At least, the issue didn't exists, when guitarix is build with the --convolver-ffmpeg flag to use ffmpeg instead fftw3.
This is the recommended way to build guitarix since some years now, bye the way.

But, beside that, there are truly some issues , which leads to:
suil error: Unable to open UI library /usr/lib/lv2/gx_amp.lv2/gx_amp_gui.so (/usr/lib/lv2/gx_amp.lv2/gx_amp_gui.so: undefined symbol: _ZN4Glib7ustringaSEONSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE)
but that leads only to, that the GUI wont load, it's possible to use the generic interface.
mixbus version is:
Mixbus4.0.151 (built using 4.0-151-g647653d and GCC version 5.2.1 20151028)
Which gtk/gtkmm version is used to build mixbus v4?
Maybe I'll push a compatible binary to sourceforge.
As a side note, there are no problems with the GxPlugins from my github repository, which comes with a plain GTK UI.
So, it seems like a compile flag issues, -std=c++11 is used standard wise with in guitarix, or it is a GTKmm version issue.

And while we are one it, the most annoying thing for me was, that mixbus wont start at all in the first try. I've installed the gtk-clearlooks engine and endless output from the following:
(mixbus-4.0.151:8495): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:77: error: unexpected identifier 'reliefstyle', expected character '}'
That is, really, really bad. I need to remove the gtk-engine package in order to get mixbus started.
When ardour/mixbus relay on a old, outdated version of clearlooks-engine, and brings it own engine with anyway, isn't it possible to rename the engine and it's symbols (make it ardour-engine or such) to avoid a conflict with a otherwise installed upstream version.
For example guitarix, needs the orginal clearlooks engine.

All this is on debian/sid with gcc version 6.3.0 20170221

regards
hermann
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

jonetsu wrote:I don't use guitarix, at least not yet, but I have no problem whatsoever in giving away my regular Mixbus v3. Not v4, v3. If that can help in development and if it's legal to do so (I think it is).
Forgot to say thanks for your effort, jonetsu, really nice, but as you can see on my post above, it is solved already.

Thanks!!
On the road again.