we've been added / links to linuxaudio.org

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

studio32

we've been added / links to linuxaudio.org

Post by studio32 »

Hi,

There is a weblink to our website here: http://apps.linuxaudio.org/

Nice :)

Would be cool if other projects would have a link to this website too!
Last edited by studio32 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khz
Established Member

Re: we've been added :)

Post by khz »

yeah
would-be nice if linuxmusicans link back to apps.linuxaudio like http://www.audio4linux.de/forum/index.php ?

maybe also contact
dlphilp at linux-sound dot org ?
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=1418#p1418
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

khz wrote:yeah
would-be nice if linuxmusicans link back to apps.linuxaudio like http://www.audio4linux.de/forum/index.php ?
Yes, +1
I would like to see two weblinks on the right of our website, like we have it on the left (LM wiki, planet)
One to the main site: http://www.linuxaudio.org
And one to a very useful website. http://apps.linuxaudio.org/

This could also replace the idea of automatic linking from Raboof IMHO.
(edit: although I like the idea and the effort of Raboof and maybe he can make it very fast... but I think a link above the board is good too...)
Last edited by studio32 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

This a great idea, I will add the links.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Nice :)

The link to LAO apps is not right!

Isn't it possible and better to have to links on the right site of the website? So that it is clear that this are other kind of links then the LM links?
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

studio32 wrote:Nice :)

The link to LAO apps is not right!
Fixed.
studio32 wrote: Isn't it possible and better to have to links on the right site of the website? So that it is clear that this are other kind of links then the LM links?
I think the names make it pretty clear.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

I think there should be a clear distinction between the 'linuxmusicians family' weblinks and the linuxaudio weblinks. This is not clear enough IMHO

Also I think you should use just little letters:

linuxaudio.org (linuxaudio doesn't use 'big' letters themselves)
apps.linuxaudio.org
or
linuxaudio apps
studio32

Post by studio32 »

update: ah nice :)

If you now change LM wiki and Planet LM to:

wiki.linuxmusicians
and
planet.linuxmusicians

It will be a pleasure for our eyes :)

good job Nathan!
studio32

Post by studio32 »

studio32 wrote:update: ah nice :)

If you now change LM wiki and Planet LM to:

wiki.linuxmusicians
and
planet.linuxmusicians

It will be a pleasure for our eyes :)

good job Nathan!
edit: It isn't only more stylish when you use the same lay-out (e.g. wiki.linuxmusicians looks better when you use linuxaudio.org (which I think is an improvement!), Its also in general not a good idea to make shortcuts (LM) of the name of an community/ organization/ company...

Also, when you write down: wiki.linuxmusicians , people will remember the linkaddress much better and also will find it without first going to this forum board.
nathan
Site Admin

Re: we've been added / links to linuxaudio.org

Post by nathan »

Ok, I changed the LM tabs, but I personally find them harder to read this way. I prefered "LM Wiki" and "Planet LM" I'm thinking of changing them to something like "community wiki" and "linux & music news planet" or something.

Let's hear some more people chime in!
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
studio32

Post by studio32 »

khz wrote:cool 8)
+1 !!!
also to get in touch with linux-sound?
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=2454#p2454
I think apps.linuxaudio.org is a replacement for that. They wanted to make a whole new website with apps/ wiki etc. So no I don't think its a good idea to add that website too. The nice thing about the new one is that it's a pretty official database, that is exactly what we need. Other material can be put in our own wiki.
I also thought about that, but that's not a good idea IMHO. I think that's the 'task' of linuxaudio.org to have links to all the different linux audio/musician communities in all the different countries/ world parts (that are a lot!).
Our focus is the English speaking part of the world and it's not our task to have weblinks on our mainpage to all that communities, again that's why we have linuxaudio.org as a sort of official core linux audio organization.

Of course you can add those webpages to our wiki: http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php ... cd1b06a5c2

EDIT:
I also thought about having a link to ardour.org for example, but I don't think that's a good idea too, cause you can't make weblinks to one linux audio app and not to another IMHO (why to ardour and not to Rosegarden, linuxsampler etc.). We should threat the linux audio apps the same...

One weblink I love to see being added is the website of our member Mike Blackstock, wikilily.org. Of course we've have to discuss with him first about if and how, AND the website isn't online yet... but that website could improve our website AND our linuxmusicians community.

* First it gives us the possibility to share Lilypond files (Lilypond is a great FLOSS notation editor and many linux notation apps have an export function to it.).
* Second, the website could inspire people to learn lilypond and to have it as a great starting point.
* third, it makes this website more and more a real Musicians website (with also noticeable attention for notation(editors)).
* fourth, (and not the least) it will 'attract' more (classical) musicians with a theoretical knowledge and which uses Lilypond to our linuxmusician community, which would be great IMHO.

It would be great to have a connection to it!.. although I realize that it's just a dream now ;)
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

studio32 wrote:Of course you can add those webpages to our wiki
ok i add.

but i mean that we`ve been add at linux-sound ...
mike_blackstock
Established Member

Post by mike_blackstock »

One weblink I love to see being added is the website of our member Mike Blackstock, wikilily.org. Of course we've have to discuss with him first about if and how, AND the website isn't online yet... but that website could improve our website AND our linuxmusicians community.

* First it gives us the possibility to share Lilypond files (Lilypond is a great FLOSS notation editor and many linux notation apps have an export function to it.).
* Second, the website could inspire people to learn lilypond and to have it as a great starting point.
* third, it makes this website more and more a real Musicians website (with also noticeable attention for notation(editors)).
* fourth, (and not the least) it will 'attract' more (classical) musicians with a theoretical knowledge and which uses Lilypond to our linuxmusician community, which would be great IMHO.

It would be great to have a connection to it!.. although I realize that it's just a dream now ;)
Hi there...should be back up as 'www.wikilily.org' in early november.

Cheers,
Mike
studio32

Post by studio32 »

mike_blackstock wrote:

Hi there...should be back up as 'www.wikilily.org' in early november.

Cheers,
Mike
Cool!
What do you think of the idea?