The studio

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

studio32

The studio

Post by studio32 »

Hey,

This forum is developing in the right direction, great! :)

At the moment I do miss one thing specific, and it's maybe cause I started recording today ;)

It would be great if we have a part in the forum where you can discuss recording, editing, mixing and mastering techniques. How do you record guitar, drums, voice etc. How and which effects or plugins do you use? Howto do the mastering...

There is remarkable little - well stored information - about this important topic for Linux (especially for the use of ladspa, LV2 plugins etc)... and also we don't have a good place for it (yet)...

We could name it 'The Studio' or 'Producers area' ' ....' and make a special part on the forum (like musicians corner) with this topic and 'Your Studio & Gear' (and maybe 'hardware')

:)
:idea:
Last edited by studio32 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
nathan
Site Admin

Re: The studio

Post by nathan »

I think the appropriate forum for this would be "Recorders and Sequencers." There you can talk about anything regarding DAW's.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:I think the appropriate forum for this would be "Recorders and Sequencers." There you can talk about anything regarding DAW's.
Uh I don't agree with you... Recording is about where do you place your mic, in which room, when do you add effects, which effects are good and which fits well when... How should I do the mastering if I want to get a warm sound etc etc.

You can't put this in the software part, in 'recorders and Sequencers'... it a way to broad and important subject when you want to make and record music...

I would really love to see this on this forum, I think many people will find this kind of information useful and it will be also good for our growing community!
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

I see what you mean...actual recording techniques as opposed to how to do stuff in a particular application. That's cool...there will be some overlap, I'm sure, but I don't think it's a big deal. I'll create a new forum in Musician's Corner.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

nathan wrote:I see what you mean...actual recording techniques as opposed to how to do stuff in a particular application. That's cool...there will be some overlap, I'm sure, but I don't think it's a big deal. I'll create a new forum in Musician's Corner.
great! :)

edit: would be greater if I had the permissions to post something there ;)
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

Okay I think I fixed it...the way phpBB3 handles permissions can be bit confusing. Let me know if you have issue.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

The permissions are fine now thanks! But I can't create a poll...
nathan
Site Admin

Post by nathan »

Ok, think I got it now.