Moderation on linuxmusicians.com?

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tavasti
Established Member

Re: Moderation on linuxmusicians.com?

Post by tavasti »

turbidh20 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:52 am All opinion is my own (obviously) and that's all it is. I'd rather not see topics like "Covid 19" in my RSS feed but hey, if that's what's allowed by the moderators and it's what the board users want, then that's fine :) I'm all in for democracy.
For even proper on-topic discussions it would be nice to have option to 'unsubscribe' some sub-forum, so that 'Unread posts' would not show discussion areas which aren't interesting for me. But that is not moderation topic, but feature req, and possibly forum software does not have such.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

It is clear that it is primarily about GNU/Linux and music.

Such topics could possibly arise in the backstage area. There would be a respectful, appreciative, ... dialectic would be helpful and if it escalates everyone can press the "report button". As I understand it, raboof talks to the user(s) several times in a respectful and friendly tone. Thank you!
That this demands more from all of us is clear to me because it is not normal.
Maybe you could use the backstage(, Running non-linux software, Marketplace) from the "Active topics"? Would that be a possibility?
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

raboof wrote:the forum has a 'report this post' button that you can use to call for moderator attention.
Oh! That's what it's for? All this time I've been clicking it on everyone's posts because I thought it was how I invite people to email me their personal details. I assumed noone was responding to me because this is a rather exclusive adult dating website.

On a related note: I'd like to apologize to anyone who received my dick pics in their email.

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

tavasti wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pmFor even proper on-topic discussions it would be nice to have option to 'unsubscribe' some sub-forum, so that 'Unread posts' would not show discussion areas which aren't interesting for me. But that is not moderation topic, but feature req, and possibly forum software does not have such.
+1 on that suggestion. There are a few subforums here that I would mute if I could. Actually just last week I looked in the phpBB extensions and couldn't find anything that looked like it would do this. I was going to post in the suggestions forum if I could find something.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

tavasti wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm For even proper on-topic discussions it would be nice to have option to 'unsubscribe' some sub-forum, so that 'Unread posts' would not show discussion areas which aren't interesting for me. But that is not moderation topic, but feature req, and possibly forum software does not have such.
I never used that function. Actually was not aware that it existed, and knowing wouldn't have changed much. I only read what interests me. I can't miss a quoted reply since it's shown at the top of the board's page.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

j_e_f_f_g wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:25 pm On a related note: I'd like to apologize to anyone who received my dick pics in their email.
I find this comment offensive. Are you an active and respected user ?
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

jonetsu wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:50 pm
j_e_f_f_g wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:25 pm On a related note: I'd like to apologize to anyone who received my dick pics in their email.
A one hundred, wait for it, and five situation?
https://youtu.be/Krl_pXXfKEI?t=148
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Loki Harfagr wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 pm A one hundred, wait for it, and five situation?
https://youtu.be/Krl_pXXfKEI?t=148
I must say I don't get the reference at all. The black face guy getting slammed in the balls at 3:19 ?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Oh, I receive this email, and I appreciate this apologize. It was indeed the nearly most evil thing I see, of course, next after the banjo I've build several years ago.
On the road again.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

tramp wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 pm
Oh, I receive this email, and I appreciate this apologize. It was indeed the nearly most evil thing I see, of course, next after the banjo I've build several years ago.
Lemme guess. If I reply using the same tone, I'll be banned ?
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

jonetsu wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:48 pm
tavasti wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm For even proper on-topic discussions it would be nice to have option to 'unsubscribe' some sub-forum, so that 'Unread posts' would not show discussion areas which aren't interesting for me. But that is not moderation topic, but feature req, and possibly forum software does not have such.
I never used that function. Actually was not aware that it existed, and knowing wouldn't have changed much. I only read what interests me. I can't miss a quoted reply since it's shown at the top of the board's page.
Please re-read what I wrote: I would like to have such functionality, but like @milo said, most likely there isn't such functionality available in any phpBB extensions.

jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

tavasti wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:37 am
jonetsu wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:48 pm
Please re-read what I wrote: I would like to have such functionality, but like @milo said, most likely there isn't such functionality available in any phpBB extensions.
I replied to the topic of being notified about new posts. That your requested feature is implemented or not only shows that there's a current feature that allows notifications to be received (RSS or otherwise, as a previous participant has mentioned).

I never have used that existing function of being notified about x number of new posts in any sections of the forum.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

jonetsu wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:58 am I replied to the topic of being notified about new posts. That your requested feature is implemented or not only shows that there's a current feature that allows notifications to be received (RSS or otherwise, as a previous participant has mentioned).

I never have used that existing function of being notified about x number of new posts in any sections of the forum.
I am not talking about getting notified any way, but just on forum web ui on quick links there is 'Unread posts' which is the way I read this forum.

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

jonetsu wrote:I find this comment offensive.
Then I owe you an apology for apologizing for sending you my x-rated pics.
jonetsu wrote:Are you an active user ?
Just barely. After all, I'm american. It would be more accurate to describe us as "actively sedentary".
jonetsu wrote:a respected user ?
I get every bit as much respect as Rodney Dangerfield.

That reminds me. Today is "National Parole Officer Appreciation Day". Don't forget to do something nice for yours.

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

tramp wrote:the banjo I've build
jonetsu wrote:If I reply using the same tone, I'll be banned ?
If your reply has the tone of a banjo, you should be both banned and excommunicated.