Password length: 30 chars max?

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gpr2abBWVxWL65cTuZCE
Established Member

Password length: 30 chars max?

Post by gpr2abBWVxWL65cTuZCE »

I was unable to use keepassx to generate a random 256 character length password containing uppercase and lowercase English letters, numbers, white spaces symbols and special characters.
Nor 128 character length, nor 64, nor 48, nor 36, nor 32, nor 31, but 30 characters I was.

Would it be permissible to create longer passwords at this site for sake of comfort?
witchspace
Established Member

Re: Password length: 30 chars max?

Post by witchspace »

Not sure what kind of high-security top-secret stuff you intend to do here anyway, but this site doesn't even use https by default so any effort in using a long password is likely wasted :D
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

gpr2abBWVxWL65cTuZCE wrote:I was unable to use keepassx to generate a random 256 character length password containing uppercase and lowercase English letters, numbers, white spaces symbols and special characters.
Nor 128 character length, nor 64, nor 48, nor 36, nor 32, nor 31, but 30 characters I was.

Would it be permissible to create longer passwords at this site for sake of comfort?
I've upped the maximum password length to 255, which appears to be the highest value that phpBB allows.
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

24-character password is fine! 256? Wow...

At least my account has not been hacked due to using a 9-character password but then I will have to up that to 16 or more and use KeePass 2. It's been far too long that I've been using the same password for almost every website until the October hack of Adobe's database. Since then, I went with KeePass 2 for Linux and an Android version of KeePass 2.
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.