Theme

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Theme suggestions

Keep the current theme
47%
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/quasar/demo/
27%
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/bl%40ck/demo/
27%

Total votes: 15

tatch
Established Member

Re: Theme

Post by tatch »

NilsGey wrote:The problem with the current Theme is not the theme itself. It is branding.
This is just the default Theme, except the Logo. Every other phpBB on the web looks like this.

So I find a change necessary just to get a bit more unique.
Is branding entirely necessary for a site like this? It doesn't particularly offer any super-special services or products that could be represented by any specific theme. If this were the KXStudio forum or something then branding would make sense to me, but it isn't.
nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

Actually, it is the KxStudio forum.
AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Post by AnthonyCFox »

Thad E Ginathom wrote:
AnthonyCFox wrote:Here's a suggestion: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ss_2/demo/

It's dark text on a very light gray background; it's not fixed width nor does it have the links on the side.
I'm happy with anything that is dark against light, but I don't think it is better than this one, just a bit different.

How about yellow on orange?

Oh! Sorry... I still have flashbacks to 1968 :lol:
Yes. They're all "just a bit different". If you look at the available choices I'm certain you can find yellow and orange themes.
War, crime, disease, starvation, extreme poverty; these are serious things.
Music? Not so serious. Have some fun! :D
Thad E Ginathom
Established Member

Post by Thad E Ginathom »

I was seriously joking, of course, about the horrible hippy era of typography. I hated it even when I was a horrible hippy!

More seriously: Whilst I could easily live with the alternatives, I voted for staying the same
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

I have installed the 'Bl@ck' theme but it appears it is buggy: the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons disappear.

I've enabled the option to choose your own theme at the user control panel at http://linuxmusicians.com/ucp.php so you can try it out for yourself.
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

I noticed it ;) Looked good but indeed, some crucial buttons we're missing ;)
tux99
Established Member

Post by tux99 »

raboof wrote: I've enabled the option to choose your own theme at the user control panel at http://linuxmusicians.com/ucp.php so you can try it out for yourself.
Thanks for that, choice is always good! :D

I do like the graphics of the 'Bl@ck' theme but I prefer the colours scheme of the default theme (I prefer blue to grey).
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

So if anyone wants to fix up quasar or Bl@ck (or propose another option) go for it, I won't have time for it anytime soon probably.
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Please don't default to any theme (like the current one) where something as important as the edit button doesn't work!
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

danboid wrote:Please don't default to any theme (like the current one) where something as important as the edit button doesn't work!
thanks for the heads-up - it wasn't intended to be the default, should be OK now again :)
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

NilsGey wrote:Actually, it is the KxStudio forum.
I was under the impression that the kxstudio section is just a subforum.

Tangentially related, could we change the wiki theme? I think it's rather terrible right now.
TheSafePlaces
Established Member

Post by TheSafePlaces »

tatch wrote:Tangentially related, could we change the wiki theme? I think it's rather terrible right now.
I agree. I (along with other members, I'm sure) am looking into it as part of the wiki renovation op (I am as such hoping that the forum, the wiki, and LA.org will eventually use one unified theme and consistent logos). Among consideration is using the LAU wiki theme - although, in an unedited state, it is a little on the sparse side.
Looking for the ideal distro. NixOS?
Newbie composer, somewhat-experienced classical guitarist.
Largely known as HisaoNakai/contrapunctus on IRC and other places.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

TheSafePlaces wrote:
tatch wrote:Tangentially related, could we change the wiki theme? I think it's rather terrible right now.
I agree. I (along with other members, I'm sure) am looking into it as part of the wiki renovation op (I am as such hoping that the forum, the wiki, and LA.org will eventually use one unified theme and consistent logos). Among consideration is using the LAU wiki theme - although, in an unedited state, it is a little on the sparse side.
As you can read at http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11117 , we've now moved our content into the LAU wiki.