Tunestorms Forum

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ssj71
Established Member

Tunestorms Forum

Post by ssj71 »

There is a discussion going on in the Original Scores & Recordings forum about starting a series of Tunestorm un-competitions where a theme or criterium is defined and everyone submits their original song meeting the criterium. There are no winners, it is just a good way to help people have creative new ideas, provide deadlines so they are a little more motivated to create music, solidify workflows, and build up the community. This concept was done 7-8 times in the Open Source Musicians Podcast, and we'd like to continue in that tradition, without the podcast.

I would like a new forum to be made for Tunestorms (not sure if its a forum of board, but the same level as "Original Scores and Recordings") so that it stays organized. Each thread would be an announcement for a new Tunestorm un-competition and the subsequent discussion would clarify and link submissions. There would be a sticky thread describing what is going on and how to participate.

Anyway, thats my suggestion. Thanks for considering.
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
i2productions
Established Member

Re: Tunestorms Forum

Post by i2productions »

+1
Nachei
Established Member

Post by Nachei »

+1. I think consolidating a flow of Tunestorms would create a nice wealth of new songs, increase the feeling of community, and maybe would make Linux more noticed in other circles, and get more people interested in what Linux is about. A forum thread seems a neat way to organize the flow imho.
shimpe
Established Member

Post by shimpe »

+1 tunestorm deserves some love