Wiki update

How can I make this site better? Let me know what you'd like to see!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

joelkp
Established Member

Re: Wiki update

Post by joelkp »

khz wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:55 am If I understood it correctly we could not edit the wiki or anything else, there was some problem with the wiki.
Is the problem now solved by (*1)?
I just came back, read this, and decided to try. Everything seems to work, and I just made this entry for my program.

Earlier, the password emails for the wiki account I made came in blank, so I couldn't even log in. Perhaps the mail server changes fixed that. Now I could re-register and go on to edit without issues.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Great news! :D
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Since I was just asked who edits / keeps the WIKI up to date here and I don't know either, I'll also ask the question:

Who should I contact if I want to edit the wiki or how can I edit them?
Can you log in there https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/start?do=login&sectok=?

Edit: Ah it is possible, I was able to log in. I thought it was not possible to log in. \o/
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
sunrat
Established Member

Post by sunrat »

I was the one who asked @khz about LinuxAudio wiki update. I'll post my proposed edit here hoping the nice people with access find it.

In the suggested systemd service file to set performance governor, I needed to change

Code: Select all

ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/audio-setup
to

Code: Select all

ExecStart=/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/audio-setup
to make it work in a fresh Manjaro install.
I also added a crunchbang to the audio-setup script but not sure if both are necessary. Works now.
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

I had never registered or logged in to the wiki over the whole ~15 years ergo never created or edited any content. When I ~2017, after ~7 years break from LM for private reasons, came back here I had thought or understood you could no longer log on to the wiki, so no longer create / edit anything.
Maybe I should have just tried it, well am just in RL rather a chaot. ;-)
Thanks to @sunrat (THX) demand I had tried it yesterday the first time itself and was happily surprised that it works.

>> Register and log in to the wiki (https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/start?do=login&sectok=) to edit posts or create new ones.
Fmajor7add9
Established Member

Post by Fmajor7add9 »

Literally a missing manual, now found!, thanks

Happy to see dokuwiki powering it, very lean code and super handy keyboard shortcuts baked in
https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/editor_notes

I'm inclined to start writing in the now empty https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/catego ... ollections category
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

Fmajor7add9 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:43 am Literally a missing manual, now found!, thanks

Happy to see dokuwiki powering it, very lean code and super handy keyboard shortcuts baked in
https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/editor_notes

I'm inclined to start writing in the now empty https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/catego ... ollections category

I think that section is empty because of this one https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/catego ... tributions
agp
Established Member

Post by agp »

I recently registered at linuxaudio.org wiki to help update some information. I'm starting with easy updates to project URL, and images (logos, screenshots) and also adding some of my favorite apps. I'm familiar with basic editing, ie copy/paste. Still, I hope to not break any-thing/rules.
nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

guti77 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:09 pm I recently registered at linuxaudio.org wiki to help update some information. I'm starting with easy updates to project URL, and images (logos, screenshots) and also adding some of my favorite apps. I'm familiar with basic editing, ie copy/paste. Still, I hope to not break any-thing/rules.
This wiki is in a desolate state. Do not worry of breaking anything. Don't shy away from deleting obsolete, redundant or old information as well. After all, it is versioned. You do not need to ask anyone for permission :)
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

guti77 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:09 pm I recently registered at linuxaudio.org wiki to help update some information. I'm starting with easy updates to project URL, and images (logos, screenshots) and also adding some of my favorite apps. I'm familiar with basic editing, ie copy/paste. Still, I hope to not break any-thing/rules.
That would be great -
Updating the wiki would help us all a lot. If you, I or anyone else is unsure about a point of edit just ask e.g. here, that's what it's for.
(Often we lack time/nerve/technical_knowledge/... which is why we don't update much. IMHO)

<< How much RT optimization is still needed? >> viewtopic.php?p=121734#p121734 >> ;-)

- THX :-D
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

I updated some entries a couple of months ago there. It's pretty easy to get stuck in. I deleted broken links but I didn't delete pages for programs which were seemingly unobtainable now and/or with unobtainable info because I don't know whether they are kept for reference

Also, the "bookmarklet" thing for creating a new page doesn't work for me, I get an error message of "Action unknown: dokubookmark"