Annoying Popping Sound in Ardour When Punch In/Out

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

SR
Established Member

Annoying Popping Sound in Ardour When Punch In/Out

Post by SR »

I'm working on a recording in Ardour with some guitar tracks that I'm punching in, and once I get the part perfect and add some effects I'm noticing a real irritating clipping sound when the punch in starts and ends. It's just about impossible to get rid of the sound and trying to isolate has gotten to the point where I think I might be imagining clipping sounds elsewhere in the tune.

I noticed Thorgal posted something to the Ardour forums some time ago about the same problem. Any luck with that? This is driving me nuts and hampering my already feable creative process.
thorgal
Established Member

Re: Annoying Popping Sound in Ardour When Punch In/Out

Post by thorgal »

yeah, it does suck. I just avoid punching in/out when I have plugins. Without them, no such thing.
ntnunk
Established Member

Post by ntnunk »

Wow, that's good-to-know information. I had that happen one time before but I never connected it to plugins. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the information!
SR
Established Member

Post by SR »

thorgal wrote:yeah, it does suck. I just avoid punching in/out when I have plugins. Without them, no such thing.
Could you tell if it only happens when the plugins are already present when you did the punch or does it happen if you do the punch and then add the plugins later?