How can I make seamless loops

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rudl

How can I make seamless loops

Post by Rudl »

I try to make seamless loops with Zyn and seq24. In seq 24 I did sequence lenght to 1 and I also made a note lenght with 1. Optically it seems, that the note lenght don´t reach the end of the bar.

Is there a possibilty to write longer notes than 1?

Another thing is, that I want to change Zyn during playing the loops, but it seems, that the changes get set when seq24 starts the new loop.

Is there a possibility to get realtime change with Zyn?

Here is an example: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeOzrcg7Qk

Thank you Rudl
sharp
Established Member

Re: How can I make seamless loops

Post by sharp »

are you looking to create a soundfile that you can loop and make it sound seemless, or are you looking to create a note with a very long length and sustain?

-sharp
Rudl

Post by Rudl »

I want to use Zyn, as used in the video. He has used zyn and fl studio and I´m looking for a solution to do the same in Linux.

I finally want to mix two or three zyn´s together and hope that I can do something like Klaus Schulze.

Rudl
sharp
Established Member

Post by sharp »

You can make a sequence up to 64 bars in seq24. You can make the notes that long by doing a middle-click drag.

Zynaddsubfx changes most of the on screen parameters at the beginning of the note with some exceptions. (Like with a midi controller you can change the filter cutoff in real time IIRC.) You should be able to change the EQ in real time as in the video because it is an insert and doesn't synthesize sound, it just affects it after it has been synthesized.

If you are worried about the sound cutting out when the loop starts over, you can soften up the attack and the release values on the amplitude a bit.

-sharp