sunvox tracker!!!!

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

omarslabb
Established Member

sunvox tracker!!!!

Post by omarslabb »

in one of my random search online i found this tracker name sunvox,is very easy to use and give a nice workflow at least for me, very cpu friendly and with very nice synths, kind of similar to buzz machines, also got a nice sampler player, very easy to build your songs, u build them like blocks.run in almost all platform and the linux version comes 32 and 64 bits.heres the link http://www.softlist.net/products/sunvox.html .
musicbloke
Established Member

Re: sunvox tracker!!!!

Post by musicbloke »

You seriously have to check out some more of this guy's stuff! His name is Alex Zolotoff, and i've been following his development for about three years. His "Virtual ANS" is a graphics-to-sound app that mimics the ideas of Skryabin (a late 19th, early 20th cent. composer and synasthete, who used coloured lights in his compositions). Alex originally came up with the first true tracker for the palm OS (PsyTexx) which he ported to mac, linux, windows et al, then PsyTexx2 (so much improved it was nearly a different app) which loaded not only MODs but created XIs right there on your palm device. Pixilang is another bit of greatness for handling graphics in a neat little self-contained scripting language. Sunvox was originally closed-source, as he was obviously trying to earn a living from it, but recently he ported it to iPhone and iPad, so generously opened it up for US! Incidentally, you are probably using version 1.5.5, which again is so much improved that it's a whole new app, but he's also included a "touch theremin" (available in the main menu) which is unbelievably good...whatever instrument (even samples!) you have selected in the router window gets played as if it were a theremin (just so as you are not limited to sine waves). Check it out at http://www.warmplace.ru