Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

schivmeister
Established Member

Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Postby schivmeister » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am

Ok it's been bugging me for a while although I don't use this nice program, what's the state of DSSI and instruments?

* If it has support for DSSI, which I have understood til now as being a standard for "instruments", then why can't it load DSSI's default softsynths?

* Is the DSSI-VST support at this stage only for effect plug-ins? I've read that, Rui mentioned it, but I don't see futher news of its progress.

So I gather that Qtractor has support for LADSPA and VST effects only. I really don't know what DSSI support means here.

studio32
Established Member

Re: Qtractor Instruments, DSSI & DSSI-VST

Postby studio32 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:11 pm

schivmeister wrote:I really don't know what DSSI support means here.

I don't know either.... anyone?

brummer

Postby brummer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:49 pm

schivmeister wrote:* If it has support for DSSI, which I have understood til now as being a standard for "instruments", then why can't it load DSSI's default softsynths?

No prob here, I can load all my dssi synths in Qtractor mixer.

schivmeister wrote:* Is the DSSI-VST support at this stage only for effect plug-ins? I've read that, Rui mentioned it, but I don't see futher news of its progress.

no prob, can load my vst's and vsti's (instruments) with dssi-vst in qtractor.

schivmeister wrote:So I gather that Qtractor has support for LADSPA and VST effects only. I really don't know what DSSI support means here.

I have check out the latest cvs version, all you have ask for is working. do you look at this site ?
http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/

brummer

funkmuscle
Established Member

Postby funkmuscle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 am

schivmeister, the version of dssi-vst I uploaded to the Arch proaudio google coding site and dssi from the Arch extra repo works with Qtractor which runs vst and vsti fine.
I think you uploaded Qtractor to the google coding site.

Return to “Recorders & Sequencers”