Can't get MIDI to show in JACK with Windows vst's via fst

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

organic io
Established Member

Can't get MIDI to show in JACK with Windows vst's via fst

Post by organic io »

Any help would be appreciated. I am running Xubuntu studio 9.10. Have JACK & fst installed. I am wanting to run some windows vst's through fst. Currently I have a vsti called addictive drums running just fine, including MIDI input which shows up in JACK. I am able to route MIDI to it and trigger it just fine.

But I also need to run some vst's, including a drum triggering program. I get the program to work in fst (KTdrumtrigger), but no MIDI outputs show up in the JACK connections, patchage, or the JP1 control panel. (I also have a2jmidid installed). So I also tried running several Windows hosts in Wine - including Renoise and EnergyXT (Running Wineasio), and they are not having any MIDI in/out showing up in JACK... And of course in their setup menus, there are no options to select for MIDI.

I made sure I selected "seq" in the MIDI driver in qjackctl.. (Even tried raw).

Seems like it must be something obvious... Is there something special I need to do to get MIDI working properly with Wine? (But the weird thing is, Addictive drums has MIDI inputs just fine)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
organic io
Established Member

Re: Can't get MIDI to show in JACK with Windows vst's via fst

Post by organic io »

Just an update, in case anybody ever uses this thread as a reference in the future... I fixed it. I realized that in my winecfg, I only had JACK selected as the sound driver (to try to decrease latency)... Which I noticed didn't have any options for MIDI. When I selected ALSA and OSS, the ports are now showing up in the vst hosts, and I am able to route it to Addictive Drums. (Although the vst host still doesn't show in the JACK panel)

:D