Hydrogen samples in ardour midi tracks

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

N i n U
Established Member

Hydrogen samples in ardour midi tracks

Post by N i n U »

hi

i have posted this on the Ardour forum already.

I am in the process to move my workflow from using hydrogen drumkits directly into Ardour’s midi tracks.
Thanks to the help of plugins like LSP sampler I manage to load the drumkits and map the samples as midi notes into midi tracks in Ardour.
However the resulting sounds of the samples are “cut off” I can’t seem to gettting the full sound no matter if I max the velocity and all the parameters in the track.
I made sure to give the drum samples all of the tail within the plugin and they work fine when I test the sound however when I playback the track I get a kind of “cut off” version of it.

The behaviour seems to be consistent using different drumkits and also using other sampler plugins (ex. Drumsynth).

Do you have any idea about where the problem could be?
Debian Buster + KXStudio
Notebook: HP pavilion G6 1268-sl
Sound Card : umc404hd
Outboard : Joe Meek 3Q
LAM
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen samples in ardour midi tracks

Post by LAM »

N i n U wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:38 pm However the resulting sounds of the samples are “cut off” I can’t seem to gettting the full sound no matter if I max the velocity and all the parameters in the track.
I made sure to give the drum samples all of the tail within the plugin and they work fine when I test the sound however when I playback the track I get a kind of “cut off” version of it.

The behaviour seems to be consistent using different drumkits and also using other sampler plugins (ex. Drumsynth).

Do you have any idea about where the problem could be?
Hi @N i n U,
two things:
1. Make sure your note length is enough
2. You can use the "MIDI Sostenuto" plugin and set a sustain of a few seconds.

There is a discussion on the forum about a similar case: [SOLVED] Fabla-1/2 ignore MIDI pad release?

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

N i n U
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen samples in ardour midi tracks

Post by N i n U »

Hi @N i n U,
two things:
1. Make sure your note length is enough
2. You can use the "MIDI Sostenuto" plugin and set a sustain of a few seconds.

There is a discussion on the forum about a similar case: [SOLVED] Fabla-1/2 ignore MIDI pad release?
Hi! thanks for you reply.
1. I have set the track mode to percussive not sure whether the length can be changed as well?
2. I will have a look I am going to be out for the next 10 days but I will let you know once i am back

Cheers
Debian Buster + KXStudio
Notebook: HP pavilion G6 1268-sl
Sound Card : umc404hd
Outboard : Joe Meek 3Q