We need a basic help for Seq66

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: We need a basic help for Seq66

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

ahlstromcj wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm To run with ALSA and not JACK, add the "--alsa" option to the command line. This is written to the appropriate 'rc' file in ~/.config/seq66 when the app exits, so it will be remembered for the next run.

If you want to run seq66cli, you will first have to prep a MIDI controller configuration first. You can put a file-name on the command-line as the last argument. But if you want to work with more than one MIDI file, you will need to set up a 'playlist' file.

There are sample files in /usr/share/seq66-0.98/linux and /usr/share/seq66-0.98/samples, etc. (or "/usr/local").

Note that the 'ctrl' file has an entry for "Save Session".

It's been awhile since I've tested seq66cli, so let me know of bugs. Or if the documentation needs improvement.

By the way, one user has set up the Qt version to run on a Pi as part of his "Eurorack". He has far more equipment than I do!

Oh, you can also disable JACK, JACK Session, and JACK Transport in the build... see the ./configure --help options. Again, haven't tried that for awhile, will have to check for breakage.
Thanks again for the help! :) I like to noodle with (physical) synthesizers without computers attached. That's the reason for the Pi. Connecting a screen to it for some configuration is no problem. But when I connect it to my synth I want the computer part to be as invisible as possible. I have a tiny color screen for the Pi in a nice casing. And my Pi Zero and Pi 1B+ are can handle a GUI but slow down too much then. Furthermore, in my opinion the screen is only good enough for some text.

Dunno when I get to experimenting w/ seq66cli and the Pi's, I'll probably have to upgrade the distro on it and then fiddle a lot to get the screen working w/ the newer version of Xorg.
JamesFrederik
Established Member

Re: We need a basic help for Seq66

Post by JamesFrederik »

I have an error compiling on Clear Linux.

I think it's to do with LIBLO being misconfigured somehow.

How do I use
LIBLO_LIBS
and
LIBLO_CFLAGS

please.

Is it possible to compile without LIBLO?

cheers