want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugins bus in ardour ?

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aquarious12
Established Member

want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugins bus in ardour ?

Post by Aquarious12 »

hello friends,

hope you all are doing good.

i just wanted to try something in ardour . like i want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugin bus.i want to pass an instrument plugin to a bus which have 3 plugins. from which i want to take output of 1st plugin and bypass remaining 2 . i did try to do this with pin connection and achive the said result but i am getting issue of the signal is not coming down. how can i achieve that.

any suggestion will be helpful
milo
Established Member

Re: want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugins bus in ardour ?

Post by milo »

Maybe by routing the signal to an audio bus?
Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

milo wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:54 am Maybe by routing the signal to an audio bus?
yeah, what i want to do will only happen in audio bus,
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Aquarious12 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm i just wanted to try something in ardour . like i want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugin bus.i want to pass an instrument plugin to a bus which have 3 plugins. from which i want to take output of 1st plugin and bypass remaining 2 . i did try to do this with pin connection and achive the said result but i am getting issue of the signal is not coming down. how can i achieve that.

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but would adding insert enable you to do such routing you want?

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

tavasti wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:26 am
Aquarious12 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm i just wanted to try something in ardour . like i want to bypass two plugins from 3 plugin bus.i want to pass an instrument plugin to a bus which have 3 plugins. from which i want to take output of 1st plugin and bypass remaining 2 . i did try to do this with pin connection and achive the said result but i am getting issue of the signal is not coming down. how can i achieve that.

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but would adding insert enable you to do such routing you want?
hello thank s for reply,

as i understand , inserts are mainly design for getting external sound in Ardour. what i want to achieve is

instrument mixer with piano plugin
instrument mixer with kick plugin
instrument mixer with vocal sample > audio bus [mix plugin bus] : Audio bus have reverb,ping pong delay, mapitchshift :

arrangement as above (if you need any further explanation on it ,please ask).if i route all three tracks to audio bus, is there any possibility that i can send every instrument to a different effect plugin in that bus.i guess pin connection can help me in this.

just trying to find out a way to achieve this with your help.
occulkot
Established Member

Post by occulkot »

Please check this tutorial, i think it should help you understand how to create proper routing for your project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PlirX7e-Ko

https://linuxmusic.rocks/ - linux music software database

milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

What you want is an auxiliary send. Look it up in the Ardour manual and read that whole chapter. For some reason my device isn't letting me copy/paste the url. (Sorry)
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Aquarious12 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:45 am as i understand , inserts are mainly design for getting external sound in Ardour. what i want to achieve is

instrument mixer with vocal sample > audio bus [mix plugin bus] : Audio bus have reverb,ping pong delay, mapitchshift :

arrangement as above (if you need any further explanation on it ,please ask).if i route all three tracks to audio bus, is there any possibility that i can send every instrument to a different effect plugin in that bus.i guess pin connection can help me in this.
If you want to have different effects for each track, why don't you add those effects to that particular track? Or not having more than one bus for effects is also option.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Aquarious12
Established Member

Post by Aquarious12 »

tavasti wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:24 am
Aquarious12 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:45 am as i understand , inserts are mainly design for getting external sound in Ardour. what i want to achieve is

If you want to have different effects for each track, why don't you add those effects to that particular track? Or not having more than one bus for effects is also option.
yes i do agree on what you are saying , i do know that, it is possible. but i was just wondering , if there is chance that with ardour can we completely change the sound , just using the pin connection , as i tried it is not possible in extent that i am thinking.it just work with two plugins when you add third plugin the routing of audio output get messed up.

i will explain what i was imaging, as i read through manual of ardour i was fascinated by pin connection , cause it can let you send any signal to anywhere in a signal chain , i thought that might also work in different manner , like if i decided that 3 plugins of a bus can receive different plugin inputs and i can merge that output in last plugin of bus , which can make different sound textures and profiles , that could generate all together something new.
if anyone can come around on how to achive this or want to understand the concept , please ask , we might discover something.